cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Smart Hub 2 as a modem

Go to solution

Hello all,

I've recently purchased an Asus RT-AX58U router and I'm not great at this stuff but from what I understand, to make this work I have to set me Smart Hub 2 in modem mode? I've had a look into the hub manager and cant seem an option to do that. 

Would someone please help me out? 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Smart Hub 2 as a modem

Go to solution

there is no modem only mode in the BT Hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Send the Asus back and get the DSL version.

Message 4 of 12

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

It will work but the Hub 2 will not be a modem, it will still be routing and natting, so you will have 2 routers and hence double NAT. That in itself is not necessarily a problem, but you need to be aware of how the configuration is operating. 

Far simpler to just use a third party modem/router and not use a hub at all.

Message 6 of 12

Go to solution
Thank you for the response.

So from what I understand the asus router will be more like a bridge if I use in the current setup.

What DSL version did you mean and what'll that do?
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Asus devices come in RT versions which are pure routers and DSL versions which are combined modem/ routers which can be used as a direct replacement for a hub.

Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

There doesn't seem to be a DSL version of the 58U, you might want to consider the 68U https://www.asus.com/uk/Networking-IoT-Servers/Modem-Routers/All-series/DSLAC68U/

Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Ok thank you and if not, I could but a separate modem to run along side the Asus AT router?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

please delete the amazon link as not permitted on forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.