cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hesky
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Smart Hub 2 cannot connect jvc smart tv by wireless

Fibre 100 installed today 3 September 2020. All good and speeds very good. Xbox did eventually connect but despite phones and laptops connecting via wireless through smart hub 2 I cannot connect a jvc smart tv which was fine before. I can see the hubs id with 2 options, one 5 ghz but after entering the password nothing happens. WPS also fails. Any ideas as I do not want to hardwire even from a halo disc as this defeats the object. Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Smart Hub 2 cannot connect jvc smart tv by wireless

did you turn off smart setup in hub manager?

did you try turning off the 5ghz wireless network in hub and trying to connect tv to the 2.4ghz network?  if that works then just turn 5ghz back on  many devices do not like the 2.4/5ghz broadcasting together

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Hesky
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

0 Ratings
Hesky
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Thanks 

tried both frequencies but message says authorisation failed. Tried WPS but same thing. New disc arrives today so will try a cable from disc to tv. If that works then fine but it’s not what I wanted. Wifi signal on phones and laptop in same room is strong. Worked fine before smart hub 2.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

I too have exactly the same issue - worked fine with my previous home hub - have tried all the things suggested and no joy . On the verge of sending the smart hub 2 back and sticking with my old home hub - all suggestions welcome !

0 Ratings
Justyeds
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Hiya I’m having the same problem, did you ever get the issue fixed?

thanks 

0 Ratings
Les-Gibson
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

@Justyeds 

None of this is very original I'm afraid, I've 'borrowed' it from a manual I found online. I realise that the odds of this being for the same model you have are pretty remote but the operating system could well be the same or similar.

First of all try following the steps on page 58 of the manual (see below) at http://resources.jvc.com/Resources/00/01/55/15580.PDF and see if that helps.

Page 58 reads.
On TV menu, choose NETWORK > TEST CONNECTION. If Status shows Connected, the TV has connected
properly with wireless router. Please consult your internet service provider for possible internet outage
in your area.

If that doesn't help then try setting the network up manually in the format shown in the table on page 51.

Assuming you are using a standard BT hub and have not set any of your devices for static IP addressing then IP address 192.168.1.10 should be free to use, so from top to bottom, try using the following values to populate the table shown on page 51

IP Address: 192.168.1.10
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Def. Gateway: 192.168.1.254
Pref. DNS: 192.168.1.254
Alt. DNS: 8.8.8.8

Save that, switch the TV off and wait a few seconds before switching it back on.

♪♪I don't work for BT, I offer my time and help for free. If you'd like to leave a kudo, you may do so by clicking the rating button below.♪♪ 😄
0 Ratings
Les-Gibson
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

I've just realised that I missed an essential bit out, without which everything I said above is pointless.

Instead of trying to connect to the broadcasted SSID for your network, follow the instructions for Adding Another Network, this will require you to manually enter the SSID. I don't know if it will make any difference, it's just something else you could try and it would be useful to know if it does work

♪♪I don't work for BT, I offer my time and help for free. If you'd like to leave a kudo, you may do so by clicking the rating button below.♪♪ 😄
0 Ratings
Chelseafan
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Disable  the Smart Set up feature in your hub’s manager via  192.168.1.254 type the numbers into a clear browser.

0 Ratings