cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Smart Hub 2 multicast

I've got a network streamer and I've got in connected via WiFi to my SH2. I'm having a few problems regarding using my streamer that the streamer manufacturer say I need to ensure my router is set to enable multicast. How do I find this?  Thanks

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Smart Hub 2 multicast

The hub 2 supports multicast, there are no settings you can make.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

@witrochelli 

What streamer are you using?

Not sure about the SH2 but previous Hubs/SmartHubs didn't support multicast over wifi.

Message 4 of 11

@TimCurtis  Missed the wifi bit, SH2 doesn't support multicast via wifi

Message 5 of 11

Thanks for your reply.

Its a Bluesound Powernode. It sounds great but I wanted to tweak the bass down a bit and to do that I use the BluOS app on my Android phone BUT I cant get into the audio settings. I've had a word though Bluesound and they tell me that this issue is most likely resolved by ensuring my router is multicast enabled. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

No multicast via WiFi - oh thanks. Not what I wanted to hear.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

If its working ok but just unable to access via app, its doesn't sound like its a multicast problem.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

No I was surprised as well but thats what they told me. Going to connect via cable and see if it works.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Yep, I'm very much doubting this is a router problem. Everything works fine except for accessing audio settings through the app. I switched Smart Setup off as advised - thanks. I've just unplugged everything, lugged the streamer over to the router and connected via cable.  Still doesn't work - this is app streamer issue I think.

0 Ratings