cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 29

Re: Smart Hub 2 open wifi request.

@Breakout 

You need to use the router provided by Plusnet, that will solve the problem.

I am surprised that the home hub actually authenticates correctly on your Plusnet service.

The home hub establishes a separate secure path back to the BT Wifi servers, and is probably unaware of the primary routing.

Unfortunately, it need a configuration change to be sent to it, to disable this path. This is not going to happen now its not connected to the BT Retail servers. I cannot see any other option apart from using the correct router for your ISP.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 29

I can send you picture I just tried that and that is why I am concerned. I am logged in my router under my username and password from plusnet and I was hoping that after like 30 days it will be deactivated as I have tried that and it still works all the time what is kind weird to me too and that is why I would like to have it disabled somehow. and thank you all for help thank you very very much.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 29

There is no need to change the router when there is nothing wrong with it you just sign it your BT router with plusnet login and you good to go. Plusnet router is **bleep** sorry and lots of problems with it when you read the forum on plusnet terrible what sort of problems they have with routers and I tried it for 3 days and it was permanently down and max what I could get was download 55Mb/s and now I am on 68Mb/s with BT smart Hub 2
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 29

Hi @Breakout,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. If you are no longer a BTcustomer it wouldn't be possible for BT to make any changes to your router or service.

To be able to opt-out or into BT Wifi you would need an active BT account.

The Smart Hub might show that it has Open Wifi active but I don't think it would work.

Unfortunately, as your service is active with Plusnet no one at BT would be able to help as we can't see any information for a service that isn't active with BT.

You could try posting on the Plusnet Community (community.plus.net) to see if anyone there could offer you advice.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 29

Hi Paddy

I am really surprised that you can not deactivate it or us customers big fail in terms of BT company to be honest. You should warn people about this feature in advance and it should be set to off by default. Well I can tell you that it works the open Wifi still once you connect to it and I have no option as customer to disable it. Big fail guys very big fail.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 29

BTWifi is turned on by default and that is set out in the Terms and Conditions you no doubt read prior agreeing to them when you became a BT Broadband customer.

See BTWifi conditions section 8

BT Terms and Conditions

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 29

As I said at start as you are no longer a BT customer I didn't think BT could do anything to help a PLUSNET customer

did you factory reset the hub?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 29

Hi Again thank you for help.

Yes tried reset or default settings it is still ON.

Well I know now it is in terms and condition but this is a big fact where We and I mean us customers should be able to disable it on our device and in terms of this reason or any reason .This is not really user and eco friendly if you want to reuse the equipment. I will try to follow this up with BT HO and raise issues what We as customers are facing and will forward this to ombudsman as well.I do not thing this is right think personally and it just my opinion but I do not have any option to change it now that is the whole point of this. And again thank you all for help and your time. 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 19 of 29

@Breakoutwrote:

Hi Paddy

You should warn people about this feature in advance and it should be set to off by default. .

I don't understand how you work that out.

It has been made very clear that all BT equipment supplied since 13th Dec 2019 is on loan and has to be returned or compensated for if you leave BT. Hence people have been warned

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 29

@Breakout wrote:

Hi Again thank you for help.

Yes tried reset or default settings it is still ON.

was it just a reset or a factory reset by pressing the recessed button on back and holding 20/30 secs until lights flash?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings