cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jm89
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Smart Hub 5ghz stops working after a few days.

I have a new router incoming to replace the faulty one because of the 5ghz issue, i can't get any device to connect on the 5ghz band a restart fixes this temporirly but then it stops working again after a few days. Looking through the forums it seems others have had the same issue in the past.

For those who have the smart hub how is the 5ghz holding up? I'm thinking it is a waste of time doing this hold return and replace malarky with bt if it ends ups being a software issue.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Smart Hub 5ghz stops working after a few days.

I have had a HH6 since the start and don't have any problems with the wifi whether 2.4 or 5ghz bands

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Jaseb41
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

I’ve had 3 smart hubs unfortunately they just lasted a couple of weeks and packed up but WiFi was fine I’m on my 4th now and this one is working brilliantly been in service since beginning of August separated the WiFi bands turned off smart set up and had no problems whatsoever with either 2.4 or 5ghz and the range is really good and can regularly receive download speeds of over 50mps over 5ghz, also doesn’t reboot every 14 days usually stays connected for 30 days then just resets it’s counters, seems to be a quality issue with the hubs maybe? But finally got a good one at last!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi @jm89 and welcome.

Have you tried switching off the Smart Setup? What is Smart Setup on the BT Hub? How can I turn it on and off? will show you how. I think it's worth trying if you haven't already done so.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
jm89
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

@DavidM

I turned off smart setup since day 1.

0 Ratings