cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarlH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Smart Hub 6 and UPnP

It appears port forwarding rules created with UPnP turned on never seem to expire?

This is on a MAC but once created a UDP rule for example remains and cannot be deleted, anyone seeing this?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES
revaido
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: Smart Hub 6 and UPnP

Same problem on a Mac here running either Safari or Chrome - had to switch to a PC to delete the automatically generated rules that sneaked in before I disabled UPnP.

0 Ratings
jet11x
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Not sure how a PC helps as access to Hub is via a Webpage.

I contacted BT to say that not being able to delete auto create port forwarding rules (without a factory reset) was a security issue that should be taken seriously and addressed and after about 30 minutes on chat and phone they said they'd pass my concerns on, but couldn't get back to me to say what they were going to do about it.  A very disappointing response from a company that I would hope would have internet security at the top of their agenda.

0 Ratings
revaido
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

@jet11x - as per my previous message nearly a year ago not all web browsers are created equally - you couldn't delete the rules using browsers on a Mac but you could using a different browser on a Windows PC.

That was almost a year ago but sounds like there are still issues - try a different browser to see if that helps.
0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 5 of 6

0 Ratings
jet11x
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for responding.

Interesting - that points to it being some sort of strange JavaScript issue.

I tried old Internet Explorer (i.e. not edge) and also Firefox - same problem as with Chrome.

I have found one possible work around.

Under Access Control you can disable specific devices from connecting to the internet.

From the info on the page:

Use Access Control to set times when specific devices will be prevented from connecting to the internet. The BT Smart Hub    will block all incoming and outgoing traffic to specific devices between the hours you select.

Of course nothings ever simple and I won't let you specify the whole day in one rule.  But you can have 2 rules that together specify the whole day.

0 Ratings