cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeclanG
Message 1 of 4

Smart Hub 6 performing factory resets every few hours

I've been having ongoing issues with my Smart Hub 6, any changes i make on the web interface are reverted after a couple of hours when the hub performs random factory resets. After which the ethernet connection still works well with fast speeds but the wifi signal is no longer available to be connected to on any of our devices. It then requires a manual factory reset to recieve the signal again, this has occured 6 or 7 times over the last 3 days
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Smart Hub 6 performing factory resets every few hours

if manually holding the recessed button on back for 20/30 seconds until lights flash does not solve the issue then phone customers services and get a replacement free assuming you are still in BT fixed term contract

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
DeclanG
Message 3 of 4

This is the third hub we've had with very similar issues, which deems to indicate that it may be something other than the hub which is presenting an issue
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

you didn't say you already had new hubs and ended up with same problem

have you tried using the test socket with a filter and see if that helps  at same time as using test socket check that you do not have a dial tone at any extension socket whether in use or not

as hh6 have you turned off smart setup?  have you split the 2.4/5ghz networks to see if that helps and manually selected the wireless channels rather than auto?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings