Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 13

Re: Smart Hub Keeps Adding Port Forwarding

Go to solution

Teredo is Microsoft IPv6 over an IPv4 address, so its unlikely, as that does not open incoming ports.

Not sure if iCloud opens ports.

Netstat would not show it if the port is not in use.

If you look in the home hub event log, you may be able to see when the port is opened and closed.

If you are worried, just disable  UPnP. I would never leave it enabled anyway, as you lose control over what can open incoming ports.

If a program needs ports to be open, then is best to add them manually using port forwarding rules, then make a note of what its used for, so you remember later.

jbeer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 13

Go to solution
Thanks for your help,

I found the Port forwarding been added in the log but no mention of which program it is for or in fact that it has been used....not too worried to be honest as I was more concerned with the fact that I had not created any Port Forwarding rules socwondered where it had come from and why....now I know I will look to disable UPnP

Thanks
0 Ratings
Liam_
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 13

Go to solution

If you really want to check what application is using port 52803 you could try using Netstat -a -n -o   Use powershell, it's easier to read the results in than the command prompt.  This will list the PID, then you can check what is running against this in the task manager services section.