cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Smart Hub WiFi connections drop randomly

My BT Smart Hub has recently started disconnecting certain devices.

I have added a few smart lights, hive home hub and a few additional devices but dont believe capacity is an issue here (unless sometells me differently).

I often get some devices connected to the hub but with no internet connection, yet other devices work fine with internet connection!

I was trying to check if the fir3ware of my smart hub was up to date but not 100% sure how to do this, and if its automatic, manual.  My current firware version is SG4B1000B540.

Not even sure if firmware is the issue.

Tried checking the techincal log on the router and cant see anything obvious (such as errors).

Anyone have any advice help?

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Smart Hub WiFi connections drop randomly

B540 is latest firmware on hh6a and update is automatic - there is no manual update

have you tried splittin the 2.4/5ghz networks? http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56419/~/how-do-i-split-my-bt-hubs-ssid-%28wireless-ne...

have you turned off smart setup?  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

have your tried selecting channels manually rather than auto?

have you tried changing mode from 1 to either 2 or 3

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Re: Smart Hub WiFi connections drop randomly

Thanks,

Smart setup was enabled so I have disabled this. will see what happens now.

I have not changed the channels at all, can do and see what happens.

2.4/5ghz networks are seperated already

Hakan

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

BT smart hub connection issues

Hi,

My BT smart hub has been working fine the past year but recently devices over Wi-fi (laptop, iPad, phone) have been connected to the router but have no internet access.

Disconnection, restarting the router/device does nothing, then randomly it works fine!

I tried changing the Wi-fi channel on the router, turned off smart setup but still have the issue.

I checked the technical logs on the router but nothing obvious here. Not really sure what else to check/change.

Any help/advice appreciated!
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Re: BT smart hub connection issues

Try a factory reset

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11386/~/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-setti...

I have merged this thread with your existing one that you have running.

0 Ratings