cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prinknash
Expert
Message 1 of 4

Smart Hub and BT Wi-fi

Just interested in whether anyone has a Smart Hub which doesn't have a BT Wi-fi status of Not active.

I know the conventional wisdom is that when you upgrade your hub you have to wait a while for the status to return to active, but while my HH5 happily had active status, my Smart Hub still says Not active after being connected for a month and a day (apart from the externally driven fortnightly reboots, of course.) I'm sure in the past it didn't take more than a couple of weeks.

I know that my status should be active because I can still connect to other people's BT Wi-fi when away from home. 

p

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Smart Hub and BT Wi-fi

My hh6 shows btwifi as active

my btwifi seemed slow to activate, there are posts on the forum about the problem, so I just went to btwifi page and opted out then back in again and it was activated in couple of days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
prinknash
Expert
Message 3 of 4

@imjolly wrote:

My hh6 shows btwifi as active

my btwifi seemed slow to activate, there are posts on the forum about the problem, so I just went to btwifi page and opted out then back in again and it was activated in couple of days

Thanks for this. I know of a couple of people who've done that. But I wonder if there's anyone whose Smart Hub has successfully picked up the fact that BT Wi-fi should be active without the need for the kind of 'kick' you describe.

I'm not sure reactivating is straightforward, though,  given that I've found at least two different BT Wi-fi pages, one of which recognises my old BT Internet email address but not my BT ID, while the other one - the one that the Smart Hub links to - recognises neither! So I'd be nervous about following the procedure you mention, lest I lose access altogether. 

My suspicion is that this is another bit of the 21EC firmware which isn't working properly - possibly because it's looking in the wrong place to check BT Wi-fi status.

0 Ratings
cusance
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Strange.

i opted out some time ago on account that BT dont pay me to provide this service to others.

But i had to reset the Hub6 and now the pesky BTwifi shows as active. BT is expanding its network for free

based on our rental charges. I thinbk the new firmware story is nonsense.

have again gone through the opt out sequence, although I was clearly opted out status so i hope it will go inactive soon.

I am happy to provide this service to my neighbours and whoever wants to park outside my door should BT wish to compensate me for it.

0 Ratings