cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PS61
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Smart Hub firmware hasn't been updated since June

According to my Hub Manager I am currently running firmware SG4B100021F4, last updated 22nd June 2016.

Almost 6 months with no software update of any kind seems strange to me, or is there no way to update manually or at least force the Hub to search for new firmware? Or is everyone currently on this firmware and BT are just slow at pushing out new versions?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Smart Hub firmware hasn't been updated since June

There's no option for a user to request or force an upgrade. That's the nature of Service Provider "managed" routers unfortunately.

It seems odd you've seen no update as there are possibly three later versions reported in forum since that release.

Be careful what you wish for though as successive releases seem to have introduced more problems.
0 Ratings
thos_tanner
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Maybe they're being slow as I'm on 223E and I have to say there's likely a number of users in this forum who'd love to know how you managed not to get a firmware update, because 223E is not at all popular

0 Ratings
Craggle
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Lucky you, it will only break your Hub anyway.

0 Ratings
Eamon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

You do not want the 223E firmware. BT upgraded my hub to 223E on Sunday and no devices could get an IP address; wireless and ethernet. A factory default did not help. They sent a new hub and it worked well until they updated it to 223E last night. Again no device can get an IP address; even after reboots and factory default. This is for all devices, both ethernet and wireless. BT have truly messed up.

0 Ratings
PS61
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

So it looks like I was updated to SG4B10002244 sometime overnight. In the Hub Manager there is now no option to rescan the wifi channels. Have BT removed this feature, I thought is was quite useful?

0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 7 of 8

so is this another firmware being rolled out?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

I am having the same problems since my Smart Hub upgraded itself to 223E. BT have sent me another one which worked fine for a couple of days and then that upgraded itself to 223E and has now become unusable. Very Annoying.

Can I ask if your problem was resolved ?

0 Ratings