cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Smart Hub keeps losing wi-fi connection

We have been a recurrent problems connecting to our Smart Hub over wi-fi. Wired connections (BT powerline adapters) are fine, and most of the time wi-fi is fine, but sometimes the connection drops out and we cannot connect from a variety of Windows and Android devices.

Restarting the Smart Hub usually sorts it out, but I don't really want to have to do that regularly, as I believe it affects our connection speed every time I do it.

Can anyone suggest how I troubleshoot this problem?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Smart Hub keeps losing wi-fi connection

have you split the 2.4/5ghz networks as many devices don't like them combined?  have you tried changing the channels to a manually selected channel rather than leave on auto?  have you tried changing the wireless mode from 1 to either 2 or 3?  have you tried increasing the lease time?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the suggestions. We did have the bands split, but I reset the options to default a couple of weeks ago to try and fix this. It doesn't seem to have helped, so I'll work through your suggestions and see where I get to.

Interestingly, when I got my tablet connected last night after a problem, it initially came up with an error message saying the password may be incorrect, before it went on to connect. I don't know if that suggests anything.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

My Smart Hub does the same but I think it is caused by the hub restarting itself.

Check in BT Hub Manager for System Up time and Network Up time.  I think that you may be surprised that the up time is far shorter than when you last manually re-started the hub.

Had several sessions with BT using chat and several converstations with technical people.  was promised a new hub last year (still waiting) and a couple of "we'll call you tomorrow to let you know what we've found after we've done some more tests" promises (still waiting).

My view is that there is a known problem with HH6 power supply or power supply components within the hub.

0 Ratings