cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjpjmp
Message 1 of 8

Smart Hub not working with HP Wireless Printer

Hi

I've just received my new BT Smart Hub, but unfortunately I can no longer connect to my wireless orinter from my Macbook Pro.

I'm using an HP wireless printer b109n and it's worked fine for years, but now that I've instaled the Smart Hub I cannot get it to work.  Has anyone any advice on this?

I've spent hours looking for solutions to do with software and driver updates etc, but nothing has worked. I think the printer isn't connecting to the hub.  The wireless network test report tels me that the Network Name (SSID) cannot be found.

I'm not very technical, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Smart Hub not working with HP Wireless Printer

The new smart hub will have a different SSID.

You need to go into the printers wireless network options (sometimes via the touchscreen on the front, or otherwise by temporarily connecting to a PC using a USB cable and accessing its web interface), scan for the 2.4GHz network the Hub 6 is transmitting, select it and enter the new network key.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

I would turn off smart setup an d also go to hub manager then advanced then wireless and switch separate bands to 'on'  then try as suggested

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 8

I have a HP Network Printer connected to my smart hub but, as imjolly says, I have separated the wifi bands and have connected the printer to the 2.4GHz band.
0 Ratings
BrendaT5491
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Please can you tell me where I access web interface?

BrendaT    Worthing

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

0 Ratings
WilfH
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Hi

if you have changed the router and now have effectively a new wireless network your HO printer will have to be connected to that new network via it’s normal setup routine. 

I’ve been down this route with an HP LJ1102w several times and you need to run the printer setup software whilst the printer is connected via USB in order to get the wireless settings to change. 

This is the one throng I don’t like about these otherwise excellent printers. 

Wilf

0 Ratings
IanHarvey
Message 8 of 8

0 Ratings