Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dikul
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Smart Hub, one device will not connect

Go to solution

Hi there, as title suggests I have a Smart Hub on which various wifi and hard wired devices are working well.  However, a Toshiba laptop running Win10 has suddenly startedf to play up and, whilst it is connected to the hub it shows as no internet connection (obviously there is because I'm here, albeit on another pc).  I have treid both the laptop's internal wifi adaptor and a BT dongle -help!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Smart Hub, one device will not connect

Go to solution

Has your W10 recently updated? There was a problem with some of the W10 updates. Microsoft suggested that if you turn off using restart not using turn off it should resolve the problem.

If that is not the problem it could be that your computer has IPv6 selected. Try disconnecting it as follows:

Select Start

In the search field type.ncpa.cpl and press enter.

In the new window right click on your wireless network connection and select properties

In “This connection uses the following items” section remove the tick beside Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) then press OK

Left click on Internet Protocol IPv4, click properties . Check the options to obtain IP address and DNS server address automatically.

Once done try and connect to internet.

Failing that try working your way through these suggestions.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

0 Ratings
dikul
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for the suggestion.  Did as you said and still no joy!  When running the windows troubleshooter I am told tha it does not have a valid IP configuration.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
dikul
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Oops, it has worked, cheers!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@dikul wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion.  Did as you said and still no joy!  When running the windows troubleshooter I am told tha it does not have a valid IP configuration.

Don't want to interfere with suggestions.

What happens when you connect to the hub through Ethernet?

perhaps this may give more clues to the problem.

Sorry - missed your last post.

Hope it continues to work!

0 Ratings
dikul
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks, all is still well, it looks as if it was the win 10 update that messed things up; the restart did the trick.

0 Ratings