cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 7

Smart Hub user settings lost when Firmware is updated.

My Smart Hub 6A

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B316

Firmware updated:

24-Dec-2017

has had a firmware update.

Two problems 

1. All my user settings have been reset to factory settings.   Is this a known problem ?

2. The firmware version has not been updated. Is this an issue with this update ?
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Smart Hub user settings lost when Firmware is updated.

There may have been a forced change to the configuration file, without a firmware change. That would cause existing user settings to be lost.

The change may have been made to address a known issue.

The configuration file can be changed by BT, any time they wish, without altering the firmware.

An example of this is when people opt in or out of BT Wifi. That involves BT changing part of that configuration file.

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 7

Thank you Keith.

I agree that the firmware has no been updated on this occasion. However on a previous occasion the firmware was updated and my user settings were removed. This did not happen with my home hub 5B or previous Hubs.   So my question still stands whether this is a common fault to all Hub 6's or not.  I have seen no warning from BT that a firmware update will remove user settings.

Also the firmware should not state that it has been updated when this is not the case.

Perhaps DanielS could update his sticky post on this issue ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

You may see it in the event log, as an ACS connection by BT, follower by a configuration change.

Its difficult to do much about it, if you use a BT home hub, but it does not happen with third party routers.

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

@vofsanity2wrote:

My Smart Hub 6A

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B316

Firmware updated:

24-Dec-2017

has had a firmware update.

Two problems 

1. All my user settings have been reset to factory settings.   Is this a known problem ?

2. The firmware version has not been updated. Is this an issue with this update ?

I have since received a replacement HomeHub 6A and this has just had a "Genuine" firmware update without my user settings being reset.

Conclusions regarding the two problems above are

1. This appears to have been a fault with my previous hub and not a general problem.

2. The new hub is still reporting a firmware update when the version number has not changed and no other evidence that the firmware has changed.

Has anyone noticed this problem with the HomeHub 6B  ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

I used a hh6a when firmware appeared to update by date changing but version remained same - so not unusuaul

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

@imjollywrote:

I used a hh6a when firmware appeared to update by date changing but version remained same - so not unusuaul

This is surely an error that needs to be corrected.

0 Ratings