Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnSinclair
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Smart Hub wifi coverage

Go to solution

Hi there, definitely no expert with all this malarkey but just replaced a HomeHub 2 {we're old!} with a Smart Hub {6 I guess} after reading rave reviews about it's wifi coverage. We live in an old stone schoolhouse in the Scottish Highlands and the walls are THICK so extenders always been necessary to try and cover the place. Anyway, without any extenders SkyTV {2 walls away} registers 3% signal strength with the old HH2. So it was a bit of a let down when SkyTV registered 2% with the Smart Hub. All works about the same with extenders but am I missing something here? I expected a bit better than that. Any comments would be handy.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Smart Hub wifi coverage

Go to solution

Did you turn off smart setup?

did you split the 2.4/5ghz networks as many devices don't like the networks combined. You can also select the channels manually. Did you also try changing the wireless mode from default 1 to either 2 or 3?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JohnSinclair
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Thanks for reply. Yes I think I've done all that. Seems nothing will connect to  the Hub now {not even an Iphone next to it}.. Might need a local boffin I think!
Have copied from Hub manager page:
2.4 GHz Wireless:

On

Channels:

Channel 1

Network name:

BTHub6-GHM6

WPS:

On

Security type:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:

Mode 3

5 GHz

On

Channel 48

BTHub6-GHM6-5

0 Ratings
JohnSinclair
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi again, I think you nailed it. Everything just shot up to a much better level of coverage. I had things working {to some degree} last night and this morning TV, Iphone etc. all had no wifi reception. Problem is also that I'm battling with very intermittent D/L speed out here anyway so that confuses the issue when trying to troubleshoot. But throughout the whole of yesterday I never got that response from anything so you've been a great help. Thanks again!

0 Ratings