cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 8

Smart Hub

Go to solution
Hi, About to be connected to Infinity 1 next week. Wondered if anyone out there knows if the Smart Hub is better than the Linksys EA6900 smart router. I have been using the Linksys EA6900 1900 AC router for about two years and it has performed amazingly well on Sky broadband
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Smart Hub

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

That is just a wireless router, not a VDSL modem/router, so it will not work unless you have a white Openreach modem as well.

If you were on Sky Fibre, with an Openreach modem, then continue to use your wireless router. You will have to change the PPP login details.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Hi Keith, Thanks for your post. I should have said I am using it currently with Draytek VIGOR 120 ADSL2/2+ Modem.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
I guess the purpose of my post to gauge whether the new Smart Hub is better than my current modem and router setup.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

you need a vdsl modem not adsl for infinity

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@STEP325 as @imjolly has said, you cannot use that modem.

If you can get hold of a VDSL modem, then you can use your router. Its possibly better than the smart hub, but you will have to decide that yourself if you decide to buy a modem.

Try the smart hub first, before you spend any more money on a modem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks for your posts. Of course. This will be my first move from std broadband to fibre. I will give the Smart Hub a go next week just slightly apprehensive as when I have moved providers before the ISP provided kit has been poor in terms of WiFi performance and coverage to the point I have always have bought my own kit.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@STEP325

When you get hh6 turn off smart setup and then split the 2.4/5ghz networks and select channels manually then see how it goes

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings