jethro1
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Smart Hub2

Go to solution

My Whole Home 3 disc system contract has expired and after an online discussion I was persuaded to sign up for another 2 years with a Smart Hub 2 Halo 1. The hub and only 1 disc arrived this morning. I am not a techy. If I disconnect the WH Hub and disc in the front room, connect the new hub and follow the plug and play instructions, what will happen with the other 2 discs located around this big house. Should I have a further 2 compatible discs or will the current white discs still connect ok.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Smart Hub2

Go to solution

You can't mix the black and white discs. You need extra black discs or stay as you are with the white discs.

0 Ratings
jethro1
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
I spoke to a human being who said try it, if it didn't work ring us for new discs. Not very supportive! Then followed up by, all systems down cannot order or send out equipment. If I do get 2 additional black discs are they plug and play or do they have to be programmed as they didn't come with the hub
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I've never used any of the discs, but I believe they are very straightforward to set up. It is normal for extra discs to be added later.

0 Ratings
jethro1
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

Absorbing advice across this site, comments welcome on my decision. BT sent me a new Hub 2 system and 1 black disc to replace my current Whole Home Hub and 3 discs. Current system works fine. My decision to leave well alone, rather than ask for a further 2 black discs before installing by a complete amatuer looks to be a realistic option. Am I safe to do so, or what do you advise if not. Would just store the new stuff.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Re: Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

if not broke don't fix it

stay as you are

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.