cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 20

Re: Smart Hubs and Hub 5 not working not working

have you tried a facory reset of the HH6 - just powering up hub with no internet use ethernet and turn off smart setup.  once that is done then connect hub to socket and see if hub gets internet connection - should be blue

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 20

On your PC click on Settings > Network and Internet > Change connection properties and select Private network

0 Ratings
johnctemple
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 20

I have the blue light on the Smart Hub but the internet connection drops out every 30 seconds.

I cant see where I can select Private Network on my PC. All I have is Ethernet Family Network.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 20

if you have ethernet symbol in bottom right of pc then right click and select network and sharing and you see it then

so does the blue light go out or orange or?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
johnctemple
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 20

I cant find an ethernet symbol in the bottom right of the screen.

I cant find anything referring to Private network in properties.

The light on the Smart Hub is blue all the time indicating internet access is there, and it is, but it keeps dropping out every 30 seconds or so. It doesnt drop out on the Home Hub 4, why is there a difference? 

0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 16 of 20

Try having a look here.  All the info for network settings.

https://tinkertry.com/how-to-change-windows-10-network-type-from-public-to-private

There's a chance the Hub 6 is not functioning correctly. (wireless)

0 Ratings
johnctemple
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 20

Thanks Liam. But I don't understand why the network matters. I am not trying to connect any other devices to the hub other than the desktop which is hard wired via ethernet to the hub.
0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 18 of 20

I imagine @licquorice suggested checking the network settings as using the Public settings can prevent or at least interfere with local connections on your LAN.

I assume it's the Home version of Windows.  I found them over the years (the home versions) much more troublesome than the pro version.  Next best thing is try to find updated drivers from the Network card manufacturers web site.  Don't rely on Microsoft's updates, drivers there are often well out of date.  Iffy drivers could cause the issue you have.  With Windows updates constantly making changes all sorts of things can start behaving differently.

0 Ratings
johnctemple
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 20

I gave up on Home hub 5 working. I got a Smart Hub 6.2 but have the same connecting issue to the internet whatever search engine I use. I get 'No Internet' 'Your connection was interrupted'. Writing emails the internet drops out mid sentence so I have to go back and re-write. Most of the time it gets the page required, but one in five times it doesnt. Very frustrating. Home Hub 4 works no problem, but poor wifi to other parts of the house. I could just get a booster/disc but want to solve this issue. I need to resolve by Friday as that is when I can cancel the order for the Smart Hub 6.2.

Any suggestions? I didnt change the drivers.

0 Ratings
johnctemple
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 20

I have Windows 10

0 Ratings