cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigmickg
Beginner
Message 1 of 35

Smart hub 6 latest firmware sg4b10002236

Hello same story really as everybody seems to be having with these smart hubs . First one lasted a couple of months then dropping out wifi and hanging on a green light untill reset, so quick online chat and bt sent me a new smart hub hooraah

The new smart hub arrives Tuesday evening and works perfectly untill I wake up Thursday morning to discover no wifi signal. All lights are blue and working as they should but no wifi , I do the dance of on then of, unplugged then plugged back in, factory reset then press the wps button on the side but no dice it's a gonner. Much more of a drawn out process this time online chat with India who then phone me and pass me to a call center in England (options team or something like that) who then pass me on to tech support in India "sigh" an hour later and smart hub 3 is being sent out.

Just to see if have a friend come round with a laptop and ethernet cable and the home page for the smart hub says the wifi is off and the background for icon is yellow/orange not blue like the rest, so I go into advanced settings which says wifi is switched on. Looking at the firmware it says the firmware was updated today (assuming between midnight and me waking up) to firmware sg4b10002236.

So hopefully it was a one off and mk3 smart hub will work and this latest update firmware is not a smart hub killer
0 Ratings
34 REPLIES 34
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 35

Re: Smart hub 6 latest firmware sg4b10002236

Since my Smart Hub was updated on 21st my mobile devices are taking longer to connect, my Windows work mobile was very quick but now it's almost as slow as my Android devices. Anyone noticed this?
0 Ratings
Pgpmas
Beginner
Message 3 of 35

I am getting more problems after the upgrade, before hand my devices had a stable connection now all my wi-fi devices have erratic connection and the box requires constant resetting

0 Ratings
camelface69
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 35

Same issues here. Never had any connection issues on my Nexus 6P until Oct 30th when my 'smart' hub received SG4B10002236...its now constanty dropping Wi-Fi and rarely reconnects.

Come on BT sort it out please!

0 Ratings
lmulli
Message 5 of 35

I purchased the Smart Hub after my Openreach Modem and my own Router stopped working following some work done by BT engineers on the street.  I have to say that it has been the worst Router I have had the misfortune to use.  Constant disconnects from the internet despite an engineer coming out, slow connection speeds, and my devices fail to connect to it at random intervals on both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands (different SSIDS).

I have noticed these past couple of days since the roll out of the new firmware that it appears to have got even worse with a couple of my devices failing to even recognise the router (picks up others around me fine!).

I really cannot wait until my contract with BT is up and then its back to TalkTalk and my old Openreach Modem and own Router!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 35

Why would work in the street stop your Openreach modem and router to stop working?

It would only stop working if there was either a line fault or the actual modem or router has failed. If it was a line fault, the modem and router should have started working again after the fault was repaired. 

If you still have the Openreach modem and your old router have you tried re-connecting it?

0 Ratings
lmulli
Message 7 of 35

Who knows why it would stop working.  It became very intermittant and would only connect at extremly low speeds, however, having now used the Smart Hub, it appears that whatever they did was definately detrimental to my internet speeds.

I am sick of contacting BT via the online chat only to be told the same thing.  The engineer came out, changed some wiring that the previous BT engineer put in wrong, but no difference whatsoever.  5Mbps download speeds on what was a 48Mbps stable connection when I was with TalkTalk really isn't acceptable.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 35

So basically your Openreach modem and old router was working OK and did not stop working due to the engineers working in the street. What you have is a line/connection fault which may or may not have been caused by the engineers.

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

and use this speed tester then scroll down the page and carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

As you have the Smart Hub, (Homehub 6) can you go to hub manager then advanced then technical log and post the stats from there. http://bthomehub.home/

0 Ratings
kinetic747
Contributor
Message 9 of 35

I'm on my second HH6 and it worked fine until  the latest firmware. It's now started resetting itself at random intervals.

0 Ratings
PaulPoker
Beginner
Message 10 of 35

I'm having the same issues we had our firmware updated on 31st October and have had major wifi connections issues where it just drops the connections or our phones and tablets can't even see the wifi router.. even though laptops are connected without a problem. We have a Synology NAS which also has a connection issue and that seems to lose its connection after 20mins we know this as The kids complain when watching thier films that it has disconnected....

Does anyone know why this is happening or if there is another planned update to resolve the issue?
0 Ratings