cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teresasue
Contributor
Message 21 of 35

Re: Smart hub 6 latest firmware sg4b10002236

Hi Keith i am not technical just a pensioner with sky q too.  But phones different things keep disconnecting like everyone else one my second hh6 now as soon as the update came through knackered.

I'm scared of doing a reset in case it disconnects from Sky q and upsets everything Teresa

0 Ratings
DirectorsScarf
Contributor
Message 22 of 35

Hi

I too have been experiencing devices simply not connecting to the hub- although they can "see" that it'd there, this happens about once a week and my fix to reconnect id to turn the hub 6 off and on again.

I presented this problem and was told to try splitting my hub into both broadcasting bands (although it's meant to do it itself automatically). 

I'm reluctant to do this, I've not tries enabling Smart setup- but I can't see how that makes a technical difference other than over the initial connection of a new device.

Question is we know it's an issue many of us are experiencing so when are they going to apply a fix?

I'm open to suggestions too if you have any- it's particularly annoying because you assume your mobile will connect when you get home automatically but due to this issue I have to make manual checks and hib resets to avoid using mobile data.

C

0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 35

The reason for splitting the frequencies is that with the HH6 both initially have the same name, this can confuse some devices that are dual frequency and fail to connect to either. I split and renamed one by just adding an additional charachte to the end in my case 5 for the 5Ghz one.

It would be worth turning off mobile data on your phone until you are sure it is sorted. That will mean it will only use WiFi.

You can always turn it back on when you go out.

0 Ratings
nobby_uk
Beginner
Message 24 of 35

So I've been experiencing this problem since the firmware update. 

Last night I took the decision to do the factory reset as suggested above.

Press and held the button in and after 20 seconds or so it appeared to go through the motions. 

Once the blur light was back, I went though and re-applied my minimal config. Nothing fancy. 

Had a couple of dropouts on the hardwired connection about 10mins later, but then all was ok good. 

Have had a stable connection for all wirelss devices for 24 hours and then............yup - we're back to dropping all wireless connections again. So in my view, the factory reset does not work. 

There is something fundamentally wrong with this firmware release. 

0 Ratings
oakserver
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 35

Two things fixed it for me. 1. opt out of BT wifi (assuming it's on in the router). 2 factory reset. Fixed my problems for about a week. I suspect it's something to do with the BT wifi. Hope that helps someone.
0 Ratings
highnoon1966
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 35

Not sure if that is the problem as although my smart phone can recieve 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz my laptop is of an age where it will only recieve 2.4Ghz and both lost their wifi connection this morning.

0 Ratings
JoshHudsy
Message 27 of 35

The solution for me was to opt out of BT wifi! That was the route of all problems here.

Follow the instructions here to opt out: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12958/~/how-do-i-opt-out-of-bt-wi-fi%3F

I thought it might have been to do with that as droputs never occured until I opted in. Now in opted out router says on just fine, might take 48hrs to take effect though...
0 Ratings
dexter2zia
Beginner
Message 28 of 35

Have just seen your post,l have been sent a replacement bthub 6 but am reluctant to install,my bthub5 is working fine no problems, why do l need to update soft ware when it seems to screw the system up,is the problem with bt or the router so undecided as to what to do for the best any advice please? ?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 35

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Stick with your Homehub 5.

0 Ratings
prinknash
Expert
Message 30 of 35

It would be interesting to know - although of course we never will - how many people have HH6s sitting in boxes unused while they've actually gone back to their HH5 or are using third-party alternative equipment because of their unhappy experience of trying to use the HH6 for any period of time. I admit to being one.

p

0 Ratings