cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccristal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 35

Re: Smart hub 6 latest firmware sg4b10002236

Same problem as everyone else: all the WiFi devices get randomly disconnected. This has been happening since the the new firmware was applied, on the 31st of October.
0 Ratings
highnoon1966
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 35

Had my first instance this morning of the wifi dropping out on my smart hub, did a power cycle and it seems ok... for now! Checked and my firmware was updated on 5th November. Is anyone looking into this issue at Sagem/BT?

0 Ratings
hartsideman
Message 13 of 35

I too am experiencing major issues with the wifi logging in and out all on its own ,, and flashing on and off on my mobile devices. 

i have powered up and down the router many times nothing is fixing it so far 

another **bleep** up !! 

So **bleep** annoying 

0 Ratings
egooner
Message 14 of 35

Just spoken to BT and they told me to enable SMART Setup.

Not convinced but I had a Printer that refused to connect when Wireless Mode 1 and now is happy to connect.

Will see if things improve now.

0 Ratings
lisacox
Message 15 of 35

Hi everyone, I am too experiencing this drop out problem. Prior to the 29 October everything was working fine and now since the update it is horrendous with phones and sky constantly dropping out. I have put in complaints to BT but they keep telling me the problem is solved. I am currently awaiting a phone call from them. We shall see what happens this time.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 35

Try a factory reset of the home hub.

How to reset a BT Smart Hub

BT Smart Hub reset reset

1. Find the recessed "Factory Reset" pinhole button on the back of your Hub
  2. Using a paper clip or similar press the button and hold for 20 seconds. Your Hub lights will go out and your Hub will restart
  3. Wait a few minutes for the Hub lights to settle. The central Power light will go blue when the Hub is ready to use

0 Ratings
teresasue
Contributor
Message 17 of 35

Seems BT DON'T WANT TO KNOW if terrible customer service
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 35

@teresasue

Try the factory reset as suggested in my post.

0 Ratings
ccristal
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 35

Hi!

You can't ask people to reset their hub every time there's a screw-up, just for trying and seeing what happens. There's a lot of configuration behind the hub: device names, port forwarding... All that will be lost with a factory reset.

If you are 100% positive that resetting it will fix the issue, then I'll do it. Otherwise, I'd rather not.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 35

In general, most manufacturers of routers recommend that you reset their device to factory settings after updating the firmware.

In the case of the HH6, I suspect that the helpdesk would advise people to reset their HH6 to factory default, as in most cases, this is going to fix their problem. Its probably one of the first things in the helpdesk script

Setting up  port forwarding and device names is a lot easier on the HH6.

The choice is yours, as I am just a customer with many years experience with home hubs, its my best suggestion.

A factory reset will load the updated default configuration settings that are part of the new firmware.

0 Ratings