Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tintac
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Smart hub extending my contract

Go to solution

Hi have six months left on my faster broadband contract and wondered if anyone has extended their contract before time and managed to upgrade their hub. Have problems with wifi and by powerline adapters linked up to bt to with sport that I have had to cancel this because it is unwatchable . On my third hub and second power line and would like to stop with bt and not purchase a new hub. Spoke with the call centre and found them very unhelpful and rude. Thanks 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Smart hub extending my contract

Go to solution

The smart hub would be a backward step, read the forum messages about this.

You would be better off buying your own router.

You can still renegotiate a better deal, without a smart hub. But wait until your contract has only a month to go, then ring up.

Are you on normal broadband, or BT Infinity?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Regardless of any contract considerations, you most definitely do not want a new hub, it will most certainly not be an improvement. I suggest you read a few of the hundreds of posts regarding the smart hub to understand why. What is your set up and what problems are you having exactly?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

If you are on a faster broadband contract it may be that you do not have sufficient bandwidth for what you are wanting to do or it could be that there is an underlying problem with your connection.

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

and use this speed tester then scroll down the page and carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

If you have a Homehub 5 can you post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the Homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

0 Ratings
tintac
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Have hub5 with bt broadband extender flex 500 kit, faster broadband up to 5Mbps. No other devices on when watching bt sport but picture keeps freezing and get error messages. Have keep resetting router and adapters each time until I just give up. Cannot move router or TV as not practical. Contacting Bt helpline doesn't resolve the problem. Have been thinking of moving to Sky but their package is expensive with their new router.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Can you post the results of the tests requested by gg30340 please?

0 Ratings