cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Smart hub flashing orange constantly.

My smart hub has a constantly flashing orange light - I think that means it's attempting to connect, but it never gets there.

My devices can connect to it, but it doesn't connect to the internet. I've tried lots of usual stuff, all the wires are secure, I've unplugged it for a while and plugged in again. I've pressed the factory reset on the hub itself and I've split the SSID, same outcomes.

Any ideas would be very welcome!
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Smart hub flashing orange constantly.

Welcome to this user forum. @Gilesy91 

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

@Keith_Beddoe thank you, no noise between the announcements.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Its also possible your line is crossed with another. If you dial 147017070, you will get an announcement telling you your phone number.

Check this against the phone number shown on your bill, to make sure its the same.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

@Keith_Beddoe that's an interesting idea, as recently another similar hub has appeared on the list. But, I tried that and it read out the correct number.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

What does your master phone socket look like?

Master socket with one socket

Or

Master socket with two sockets

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Middle on the bottom row
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

@Gilesy91 wrote:
Middle on the bottom row

Have you tried with a microfilter in the "real" test socket, which is behind the fiter plate?

mk 3 nte all parts.jpg

Connected like this.

infinity_test.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

I tried that, and it didn't work either.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

The object of the test is to prove whether the filter in the master socket is faulty.

If it still does not work with a microfilter, then either the home hub is faulty, or there is a fault withing the Openreach fibre cabinet.

If that is the case, all you can do is to report it to BT, as a broadband fault. They may initially send you another home hub to try.

If it does work with a microfilter, then it proves that the filter in the master socket faceplate is faulty.

0 Ratings