Message 11 of 17

Re: Smart plugs and Powerline500

Who makes the smart plugs ?
0 Ratings
Aok
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 17

I got them from Amazon.  Make is Teckin.

0 Ratings
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 17

I agree with the views below, BT recommend that the Powerline extenders are not installed on extension leads so a switched supply (Smart Plug Wi-fi Outlet that Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Home) can not be good. Can I ask Why are you using them the power consumption of the Powerline 500 Flex is only 2.7 W Operation , 1.6 W when Idle and 0.34 W in power saving mode
0 Ratings
Aok
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 17

I am not using the smartplug on the powerline plug.  Apologies if I gave this impression.

The powerline plugs are plugged into the wall socket.  The smart plugs are used elsewhere in the house to control other devices.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 17

I assumed you were using them elsewhere. If they are causing interference it won't matter where they are plugged in, the whole ring main will be affected.

0 Ratings
BenHorley
Beginner
Message 16 of 17

Hello

I have exactly the same issue with the same make of smart plugs though my powerline adapters are brand new TP-Link ones. I can buy new smart plugs if I really have to, I can see that there's a TP-Link 4-pack for £30 but I don't want to get exactly the same problem with new plugs, did you end up getting new ones and did they work?

Cheers

Ben

0 Ratings
Dode
Expert
Message 17 of 17

I am using the BT500 Powerline  plugs and I also have quite a few TPlink smart plugs scattered around and I am not having any issues. 

0 Ratings