cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Smart security camera and plugs

We have recently purchased tow smart security cameras and smart plugs.  Each device says it needs to be on 2.4ghz, being the total technophobes that we are we are struggling to find how to access this via our phone to set up the devices...any advice thanks!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Cleverdog camera and BT smart hub 2 (Halo2)

Hi any chance you can tell me how you did this (for a technophobe) we have two cameras we need to install but have not got a clue how to fins the 2ghz bit!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Re: Smart Hub 2 and Teckin smart plugs

Ho do you temporarily switch off the 5ghz to get the 2.4 ghz please
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Re: Smart security camera and plugs

BT home hubs operate on both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz frequency bands. If the device in question only operates at 2.4Ghz it should connect at 2.4Ghz. However, some devices seem to have difficulty with the 2 bands having the same SSID for some unknown reason.

To ensure only the 2.4Ghz band is active, you can simply turn off the 5Ghz wifi in the Hub manger. Enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser address bar and navigate to advanced wireless settings.

5ghz.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

@Dexter1  I have merged your posts on to this one thread, there is no point in asking the same question in multiple threads, it just serves to confuse answers.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

thank you....do I do this via a computer? (told you I was a total technophobe)
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

You can do it with whatever device you like as long as it has a web browser.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

thank you!
0 Ratings