cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Smart tv wifi

Hi,

I’ve recently upgraded my WiFi to the BT halo. I’ve received a new router & connected my you view box, mobile devices etc ok.

Ive got a JVC smart tv in a bedroom that worked fine Wirelessly on my previous (BT) WiFi, now it won’t connect to my new WiFi. Curry’s did a test with me & asked me to do a hotspot on my mobile phone WiFi, the tv connected fine so they said that BT must need to verify which WiFi connection I need to use. The tv is picking up more than one WiFi connection including a 5ghz version but it swaps in & out of more than one option of my WiFi code, hence not being able to connect seamlessly to one.

Rang BT & they said I needed a WiFi disc or that’s it’s the tv fault, but it worked fine last week on my old WiFi! And it’s not a big or old house. It needs to be connected wirelessly. 

I’m at a loss of how to connect it. Any ideas? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Smart tv wifi

Try turning off Smart Set up
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 5

First, turn off Smart Setup as suggested by @NigelB72  then temporarily disable the 5GHz carrier from your hub and establish a 2.4GHz connection. Re-enable the 5GHz on the hub

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Thanks both. Tried this & still not getting a successful connection on the tv 😞

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5

Other possibilities are:

Stand as close as you can to the TV and open the MyBT app on your phone.

Tap "More" (bottom right hand corner)

Tap "Your wi-fi network"

Tap the "Check wi-fi signal" button at the bottom of the screen.

If the result comes back Good, then go into settings on the TV and tell it to forget all wi-fi networks then try again

0 Ratings