cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

SmartHub internet access on Wifi

I have an infinity connection and has a fairly stable connection. I am facing a strange issue that I am undble to troubleshoot. Can someone help ? The issue is following.

Few weeks ago, the router accidently got power cycled, and since then, all Wifi devices in the house irrestpective of where they are seems to lose internet access. The WIFI is still connected as I can see from the signal strength, but says no internet access. The brodband access is working at this time as I can confirm with the couple of wired devices I use in my network). No speed drops, really stable even from the WAN logs. I cannot pinpoint when this WIFI connection drop happens, but occasionally turning off/on WIFI on the device helps, but not always. I use single SSID (never changed the switchover settings). I have tried to power cycle the router couple of times since although I never tried to reset to default. The issue still remains. My house is a medium sized house, and has good signal level wherever we use them. I can also see that the device ( all of them) trying to send the data but getting nothing back from router ( This is from the small Wifi icon which shows the upload/download blinks)

Can anyone advise what can be done, short of reset as that seems ( to me at least) the last resort.

Thanks a lot

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Message 2 of 8

Re: SmartHub internet access on Wifi

Hi @prasadm and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the wireless connection. Can you take a look at Smart Wireless feature in my BT Hub and let me know if that helps?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Thanks David for the quick answer. I checked that settings as you suggested, and it was set to channel 1/36 and I did a rescan. It still has (after rescan) the same channels now. Not sure if that will solve my problem, will have to wait and see. As I said in the post the wifi signal did not appear to drop, but looks like data request is sent to the router and gets no response ( this is how it appears). I havent done any wifi tracing.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 8

Thanks for trying that @prasadm. Plase let me know how it goes.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

It did not change the channels after rescan. So do you think this may fix it ?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 8

Hi @prasadm,

It's deffinitely worth trying. Take a look at How do I change the wi-fi channel on my BT Hub?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

I did check the WIfi signals for both 2.4 and 5 Ghz in my house using an android app called "Wifi Analyzer", and there are no other wifi signal in that band apart from my wifi. all WIFI signals are in the range 6-11 ( mine is on 1, and 5 GHz no other signal is available. In any case I will check for any issues for a day and see how it goes.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Hi David,

I rescanned the wifi as described in the link you shared, although it did not change the already assigned channels, it seems it has solved the problem. I have not had the issue since then, it's been 2 days now.

Thanks a lot.

Prasad

0 Ratings