cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Smarthub 2 - Nothing connecting to 5ghz

As the title states, none of my devices are connected to the 5ghz band of WiFi, only 2.4ghz. Nothing has changed, and devices would previously connect to 5ghz. Have tried turning wireless on and off, and rebooted the router. Both bands are active in the WiFi settings and I've changed channels. 

Anything else I can try bar a factory reset? 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Smarthub 2 - Nothing connecting to 5ghz

What happens if you disable 2.4g?
Cheers
Ted
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Nothing, devices connect to the complete WiFi discs which are connected via ethernet backhaul to the router. It's really strange 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Try a Wi-Fi app to see if it's transmitting on the 5g.

You could try a reset, back-up your config. first. It may well have fried itself though. They get really hot with heavy 5g usage. I fitted an old cpu fan to mine, powered off the usb port.
Cheers
Ted
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Duh! Not sure why I didn't think of that...cheers!

Just tested and it's not transmitting 5ghz. Guess I'll have to contact them for a new router. Is there a wifi6 smarthub on the horizon? If so, I'd rather wait for that.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

you should try a factory reset of hub first by pressing recessed button on back and holding 20/30 secs until lights flash and check 5ghz again   no sign y

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings