cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Smarthub 2 & Netflix

Hey all.

I have a 900/110 fibre package. Had it for 18 months. Right at the start I always had problems with the smarthub and Netflix (and other streaming platforms) on my 2017 Samsung QLED, connected wirelessly. Poor resolution from the start and constant resolution dips throughout. I went back and forth with BT about it then but gave up the ghost and replaced the hub with a borrowed ASUS Router. Instant fix perfect signal, never dipped in resolution once.  Was sent a brand new smarthub 2 (due to digital voice) a month or two ago but delayed installing it because of the above. Anyway installed it a couple of days ago after some emails asking to set it up, and lo and behold and it’s back to the same again. Constant dips in resolution again. In addition to this watching Netflix and trying to take a TEAMs call at the same time, then the Teams is virtually unusable. Clearly it’s the smarthub as the ASUS router was faultless. I should add that the Wifi signal is fine, the hub is in next room with thin partition walls. I’ve tried changing the channels and had BT reset them and reboot the router etc. Is it really the case that the Smarthub just isn’t up to the job. Anyone got any ideas or should I just unplug the hub and revert back? Just a bit galling paying £70 a month and I can’t get a decent router for that!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Smarthub 2 & Netflix

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Smarthub 2 & Netflix

It is. Always the first thing I turn off.

0 Ratings