cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Smarthub 6 - USB HDD Issue - not fixed in latest firmware SG4B10002244

Re-raising this as mods have closed the other thread.

There is still a problem with the latest firmware - SG4B10002244 -  where a connected USB HDD stops working after 4-5 days.  Error message when you try to access the hard drive is as follows: 

\\192.168.1.254\<<drive>> is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Not enough storage is available to process this command.

Disconnecting and reconnecting the drive does not fix the problem, however rebooting the smart hub does.  The problem always comes back in 4-5 days - could suggest a memory leak on the hub.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Message 2 of 12

Re: Smarthub 6 - USB HDD Issue - not fixed in latest firmware SG4B10002244

Hi @se1lad and thanks for posting.

I think we'll need to take a closer look at this for you so can you drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Thanks for coming back to me.   I've fillled in the details on the contact the mods link.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 12

Hi

Were you able to resolve this issue as it is really annoying me now. If not resolved soon I will have to look at replacing with a different manufacturer.

Cheers

Darren.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 12

I also am having the same issue where my BT hub looses connection with the connected USB drive giving the same message.  Resetting the hub gets everything working again for a few days and then the same thing happens all over again.  Never had this issue with the bthub5. Has a solution been found to this?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 12

I am also having the same issue. Has a solution been found?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 12

I'm having the same problem. Is there a fix for this yet?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 12

Same problem here. Has a fix been found yet? Does exchanging the Smarthub for another one solve it?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 12

Same question from me. drive drops out after 24 hours or less. does changing the hub for a new one resolve it? This was not a problem with my older hubs.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 12

Bumping this as I have yet again encountered this problem. Hub is left on 24/7 so should be on latest firmware. Today my wife wanted a film off the HDD connected to the hub. Switched the HDD on at the wall, my laptop can see all the folders but her laptop threw up the same old error message. Restarted the hub, re-did the Map Network Drive on both laptops, eventually both could see all the folders and start a file copy process but after 3-6% completion, the speed drops to 0 bytes and it gets stuck. Soon after, this then causes Windows Explorer to crash. 

We gave up and got out a long USB cable in the end, dissapointing that this is STILL NOT FIXED. 

0 Ratings