cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daisyrabbit
Aspiring Contributor
Message 51 of 65

Re: Smarthub flashing purple light of doom?

Let's make it very clear I did not log a phone fault. I called the broadband line and told them my smart hub was flashing purple. Please don't talk to me like I"m an idiot.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 52 of 65

@Daisyrabbit wrote:

Please don't talk to me like I"m an idiot.

Your words not mine!

I did not say you had reported it as a phone fault. I was pointing out what may happen because it has been logged as one! 

0 Ratings
Message 53 of 65

Hi Everyone,

Please keep it friendly.

Thanks

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Daisyrabbit
Aspiring Contributor
Message 54 of 65

Apologies. Words can often be misread. I did say please 🙂
The good news is that normal service has been resumed.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Hward
Aspiring Contributor
Message 55 of 65

Hi there,

@leonkenworthy did this ever get resolved? 

Realise it was a few years ago, but BT is our second service provider and we’re having an identical problem with the HH6.

ive even ordered the new HH2  as an engineer said because we’re so close to the green box that might be causing the issue - in that the HH6 can’t deal with the speed at which the data is travelling because we’re so close.

been through 4 different routers all of which have the same issue, and had 10 engineers out - mixture of phone and broadband - our phone is fine but over the course they’ve picked up and fixed faults on the line and exchange - funny thing is when they plug their machines in to run tests it all passes, but our routers completely fail.

Really keen to know if your oroblem was solved and how they/you did it??

0 Ratings
Hward
Aspiring Contributor
Message 56 of 65

I’ll also note we had the same problem with our previous provider - sky. Mysteriously has been happening since around February/March time
0 Ratings
leonkenworthy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 57 of 65

0 Ratings
leonkenworthy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 58 of 65

Hi! 

I did get it sorted in the end as it turned out to have been a situation where someone had turned my line off at the exchange. More than likely to add a new line while another was put in. I assume to get a new customer in while a current customer had to wait for the new line the new customer would have had. It basically means there's no connection to the exchange. 

0 Ratings
Hward
Aspiring Contributor
Message 59 of 65

Ah okay, thank you! 

So our our situation is slightly weird where the engineers test with their machines plugged in and they get perfect results.

however we’ve had 4 routers and neither connect up properly, and our BT ones get the purple light.

Did you find the engineers did the same thing with yours or could they detect this with their equipment?  We’ve had 10 engineers out lol

0 Ratings
leonkenworthy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 60 of 65

No just the one in the end would realised that the connection between the exchange and my property was working correctly just that they had turned off my line to connect another line. 

Basically it's like having a working line that's not activated. It's a issue with the exchange not been connected. Shouldn't take a genius to solve IF it's the same issue. I assume you had a connection at one point before the purple light?  You get the purple light before you have a connected line to broadband. 

Mention that you believe your not connected at the exchange. And that you think someone has hijacked your connection line to connect a different customer. Might give them something to go on. 

0 Ratings