cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hward
Aspiring Contributor
Message 61 of 65

Re: Smarthub flashing purple light of doom?

Thanks! Yes had connection up until March where it mysteriously went.

i will mention that Monday - we have a broadband one visiting then but if it’s at the exchange I will see if I can get it changed to an external one.

thanks for your help, I’ll update on here if that’s the same issue as I can’t imagine I’ll be the last person! 

0 Ratings
leonkenworthy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 62 of 65

It appears it takes around a month to connect a brand new line to the exchange if there's not enough to connect a new customer. 

Seemingly it's easier to disconnect a current customer, use that to connect a new customer so they don't need to wait for the new order, and leave the current customer out of pocket until the new connection is available. Tends to happen during busy periods and when fiber was new to a area. 

Current customer is told it's a fault, new customer has brand new line and BT gets more money.  Dodgy situation that really has no genuine evidence to suggest that's exactly what is happening so you really can't say anything because they are covering their tracks. Poor poor showing. 

0 Ratings
Hward
Aspiring Contributor
Message 63 of 65

That’s quite worrying - we’ve had no internet at all since we changed to BT at the start of June.

can I ask how you convinced them to check the exchange? I’m always sceptical as to whether they actually do this when you ask them to - especially if there’s some shoddy inside job going on at HQ!

0 Ratings
leonkenworthy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 64 of 65

I just asked! Because I basically accused BT of been dodgy. Openreach are a separate from any provider so the engineers tend to be reasonable.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Hward
Aspiring Contributor
Message 65 of 65

Oh okay so you asked the engineer during his visit or did you contact openreach directly?

thats really useful insight thank you. No idea if that’s our issue but certainly another string I can chase up! 

The other theories I’m looking into is:

1) REIN - unlikely because it’s constant rather than certain times of the day

2) overloading hub due to a high SNL margin from being too close to the green box (ie too much data too quickly and not enough room in the data bin) where the HH2 may be better than the HH6 in handling this data. 

Thanks!

0 Ratings