cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leonkenworthy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 65

Re: Smarthub flashing purple light of doom?

Yep. As I said everything was fine until Saturday morning as I woke up. Saw the hub flashing orange at first and then after I rebooted it purple ever since.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 65

0 Ratings
leonkenworthy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 65

Yep. All service in my area is OK.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 65

It could be a faulty home hub, have you got another one to try?

Otherwise the broadband technical helpdesk will be able to organise an engineer visit for you.

See if your exchange code shows up on this page https://status.zen.co.uk/broadband/

This tends to give more info that the BT one, and may indicate what the problem is.

0 Ratings
leonkenworthy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 65

Nothing on the exchange code page either. I've already booked a engineer but can't get one until at least the 21st and then they can't make sure they arrive after I finish work. My days off are Sunday then Christmas Eve. It's far too long to be without the service I need. Plus if it is the hub I'm going to have to wait another week for delivery as it won't come over Christmas. Terrible service from a huge company who seemingly say I won't even be recompensated until a fix and then it's going to "be a discount off your bill". I find it all very unacceptable. Was hoping someone knew what was the actual problem without having to wait. Again.
0 Ratings
leonkenworthy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 65

Don't take that personally Keith! Not aimed at you! Thank you for your efforts!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 65

Are you able to beg, steal or borrow a BT Homehub 5 or 6 and try connecting that. It will at least rule out or in a faulty hub which might speed up getting one delivered if it is faulty.

0 Ratings
leonkenworthy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 65

As far as I'm aware I believe everyone else I know is on different provider's. Usually sky. Gutted I'm stuck in this situation.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 65

You could always buy a VDSL Modem/router from your local computer store and try it. Once testing is over, take it back for a refund. Not ethical but you wouldn't be the first to do that.

0 Ratings
leonkenworthy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 65

Christmas deems my pockets are as empty. Plus I'm working till Sunday now so nipping to the local computer shop wouldn't be a option either! I'm definitely posting a question to my friends on facebook though as we speak. It's looking bleak.
0 Ratings