cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leonkenworthy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 65

Re: Smarthub flashing purple light of doom?

Fair enough!
0 Ratings
leonkenworthy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 65

Tried my friends router and it still isn't picking up the internet. Seems the hub isn't the problem. The other router picks up everything else except the internet. Must be a line fault.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 65

You are sure it is a VDSL Modem/router and not an ADSL modem router? ie your friend used it on a fibre connection without an Openreach modem.

0 Ratings
leonkenworthy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 65

Yeah it came with a additional router thing for Fiber connection, plus as plusnet is a BT company the settings are pretty much the same. Also my engineer friend noted the purple light indicates hub is fine just connection missing.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 65

Hub and fine in connection with the HH6 is an oxymoron. Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 65

I would agree with licquorice's remarks about HH6. If you are sure that you set everything up correctly with the Plusnet equipment that only leaves a problem with your actual connection and assuming the engineer fixes it, you won't then need to wait for a replacement hub. 

Personally I would hold onto the Plusnet equipment if your friend will let you. You may find it better than the "Smarthub".

0 Ratings
leonkenworthy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 65

A week of no proper internet is like cutting of a toe. It's not necessary to get by but makes everything uncomfortable hahaha.
0 Ratings
kitbooth
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 65

Just come back from five days of flashing purple. India went through all the script resetting the hub etc to no avail and dispatched a very helpful engineer who arrived yesterday morning. He did all the line tests etc and tracked a fault in our port at the exchange which stopped the hub syncing.

Having moved everything to a new line and reset the cabinet connections purple (eventually) went blue at 29Mb and then snuck up to 46 by evening.

Now to setup the house wifi (once more) as everything changed with the resets!

0 Ratings
MorgaineD
Expert
Message 39 of 65

@kitbooth, the obvious question from that is, why didn't BT's remote diagnostics pick up a fault at the exchange?

It's no good for BT and a misery for its customers when engineering diagnostics are inadequate.

0 Ratings
kitbooth
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 65

After quite a while of 'diagnostics' it was originally declared a neywork fault and, after escalation, not a network fault but possibly a fault at my property.

You would have thought that a faulty port should have shown up where ever the diagnostics originated!

A strange byproduct of the diagnosis and resetting of the hub has been that the wifi password has reverted to the original! When I had the first of the 'destructive' updates last month it would not let me proceed without changing the password to one different from the original 'preset' on the pull-out card.

Now it has gone back to that and BT wifi in all its wonderful versions is re-enabled.

0 Ratings