Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CAA
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Smarthub resetting

Hi,

After cutting the power to the hub for about a minute what was a rock solid connection now sees the hub resetting and going from green to blue and vback again in a never ending spiral. I have tried factory reset and on/off with no luck. Rang the call centre who were no help?

Any ideas please?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Smarthub resetting

If you remove the broadband input cable from the phone socket first, then turn the home hub on, leave it for a couple of minutes, what does it do then?

Also check the power supply leads and the assembly of the power unit to the plug front.

If the resetting stops, then reconnect the broadband lead.

0 Ratings
CAA
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Thank you. It seems to have settled now. I note the firmware has been updated today - could that have caused the issue?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

CAA wrote:

Thank you. It seems to have settled now. I note the firmware has been updated today - could that have caused the issue?

Yes, that is most likely what was happening.

Firmware downloads in the background and is stored as a new firmware image but is not a live version. Once its been validated, its then marked as the next active image.

When either a manual restart, or a system initiated restart happens, the new firmware is then loaded as the live image.

This has been the process since the first home hub 1, so I cannot imagine its changed much.

Its lucky you allowed it to fully swap over, otherwise you may have had problems.

Its the nightmare before Christmas Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
MorgaineD
Expert
Message 5 of 9

Keith writes:
> Its the nightmare before Christmas 😉

LOL. A Merry Christmas Nightmare to you all. 🙂

0 Ratings
CAA
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Well I spoke too soon! it just reset after about an hour uptime. Blue light but no wi-fi !

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

Perhaps you upset the firmware upgrade by disconnecting the power?

Try a factory reset again, just in case the configuration file is corrupted.

Does it show wireless active on the hub page.

http://192.168.1.254/0000013200/gui/#/advancedWifi

0 Ratings
CAA
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Thanks for your continued assistance. Yes it shows wifi to be active and it is connected to internet via ethernet which is working. SSID can be found by devices but it will not connect?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

It would have reverted to the default password on the home hub, just in case you had changed it to something else.

You can check what it is via the hub menu.

0 Ratings