cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Social Media not working on Wi-fi

A few days ago social media just stopped working on BT Wi-fi. I have been a customer for at least 7 years, with no major problems before this. I have reset the hub, restarted the hub, turned of web protect and parental controls (even though these have been on for years) and have waited and it hasn’t worked. As soon as Wi-fi is turned off and 4g is used everything works. Any ideas finding this so frustrating.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Social Media not working on Wi-fi

What particular socal network are you having the issue with? 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

WhatsApp, Instagram, Twitter and Xbox live will not work on Wi-fi but will work on 4g

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi, I have the same problem. Do you have any suggestions if you are now sorted?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

No still not sorted! And no joy from BT they are happy to increase prices though!! 

I have managed to get around some of the social media issues by adding the address of each individual site to the “allowed websites” within parental controls. It’s a pain. Son tried to access student room earlier and it won’t work. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

I did that as well but it doesn’t seem to be helping. I’ve not long moved to them, but may have to move away again 😣
0 Ratings