cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prinknash
Expert
Message 31 of 74

Re: Software updated tonight and all seems well.

My HH6 updated to the 2236 firmware yesterday afternoon and since then it's rebooted itself half a dozen times. Previously, with the 21EC firmware, it only rebooted at fortnightly intervals, as set by BT, so something in the update clearly didn't suit the works.

I did a factory reset an hour ago and am hoping it will now settle down. Interesting to note that the 'Firmware updated' date has shifted from 22 October to 23 October, so maybe the update hadn't quite been managed smoothly yesterday and has now completed. Or does the Firmware Updated date change with every factory reset? That would be odd.

p

0 Ratings
prinknash
Expert
Message 32 of 74

And after a bit less than two hours, another reboot. This being BT, of course there's no way I can go back to the 21EC firmware which didn't keep rebooting like this, so am giving up on the 'Smart' Hub and going back to the HH5.

I do wish BT would involve some competent professionals in developing their Hub firmware.

p

0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 33 of 74

mines been up for 19 hrs without any disconnects but then i didnt get any before on whatever firmware i was on seems a strange one that some people are getting disconnects.im wondering if it could be something to do with what cabinet type there on.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 34 of 74

@shamus1 wrote:

mines been up for 19 hrs without any disconnects but then i didnt get any before on whatever firmware i was on seems a strange one that some people are getting disconnects.im wondering if it could be something to do with what cabinet type there on.

Mine just updated 10 mins ago, in the blink of an eye, as it were. Totally unexpected.

It updated directly from the old ec(?) firmware.

Will take it from there.......one step at a time.

Until today, I could only get a reliable wifi connection with a Netgear USB wireless adaptor.............

0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 35 of 74

mine too upgraded from the ec firmware to the newest firmware missing the f4 version.

0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 36 of 74

i have two of these smarthubs and my first one never upgraded to f4 version but my second one did and the second one was rubbish on the f4 version.

0 Ratings
Tony-gbr
Contributor
Message 37 of 74

Most routers for the last 10 years or more have an update button in the UI to check for firmware upgrades or letting them be flashed manually.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 38 of 74

@shamus1 wrote:

mine too upgraded from the ec firmware to the newest firmware missing the f4 version.

An important part of the update is that you must change the wireless password key, from that originally given by the hub on delivery.

This isn't made very clear in the update (unless I have missed something). You discover this when attempting to change other settings.

To do this you can connect to the hub via ethernet which should give a stable connection - not prone to wireless disconnects!

Once the password is changed, then all settles down and you can remove the ethernet connection.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 39 of 74

@Ribblelancs wrote:

@shamus1 wrote:

An important part of the update is that you must change the wireless password key, from that originally given by the hub on delivery.

This isn't made very clear in the update (unless I have missed something). You discover this when attempting to change other settings.

To do this you can connect to the hub via ethernet which should give a stable connection - not prone to wireless disconnects!

Once the password is changed, then all settles down and you can remove the ethernet connection.

Yes my hub updated yesterday from 21EC to the newest. @Ribblelancs makes a very important point, at first I thought the new firmware had not installed properly and after few factory resets it still did not allow me to make changes until I changed the wireless password. I was trying to sepate the wifi channels.

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 40 of 74

@Ribblelancs wrote:
Not sure I follow your point here. Are you saying the 2236 firmware doesn't work if the Wireless password has not been changed from the default? Really!!!!

Made celar by who and in what communication is this not made clear? There is no 'official' communication of firmware updates from BT.

Regards

0 Ratings