cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stoneblue
Beginner
Message 61 of 74

Re: Software updated tonight and all seems well.

@Poppy7 wrote:

@stoneblue wrote:

I have this problem too. Sky On Demand was working around lunchtime yesterday but had stopped working later in the evening. Despite switching everything on and off, resetting several times it still would not work. This morning, I checked the Hub and noticed that the firmware was updated yesterday. All other devices are working!

Go to network settings in sky box and click manually configure. You will see a list of info to put in. If you can remember the IP address the box had before or if you can find it in the BT smart hub management web page the enter it in. Otherwise choose a new IP address which isn't the same as any of your other devices - 192.168.1.? (I put 69 in as the last number as that is what it was before. Then subnet mask - 255.255.255.0       Then router 192.168.1.254.     Then DNS. 192.168.1.254   Then click save.      Worked for me but will keep an eye on it if the router resets again sometime. Let me know how you get on. I found this fix on sky forums so must be a common sky box problem.

Hi Poppy, thanks for the info...after several attempts (inputting from Sky Remote not the easiest) it worked!! Thanks again!

0 Ratings
Poppy7
Contributor
Message 62 of 74

Glad it worked! Least we know what to do if it goes wrong again:)

0 Ratings
Tony-gbr
Contributor
Message 63 of 74

If you want to run your network how you decide why are you using an ISP router?
0 Ratings
trapdoor
Expert
Message 64 of 74

@Tony-gbr wrote:

@trapdoor wrote:

If it wasnt for the fact that your TV service is almost dependant on using a BT cludged router for 'reliable' operation, I'd chuck it in the bin.

OK?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 65 of 74

You don't need a BT router for BT TV service.

Tony-gbr
Contributor
Message 66 of 74

0 Ratings
stoneblue
Beginner
Message 67 of 74

@Tony-gbr wrote:

It may be an option I'll explore if recent troubes with BT Hub6 continue.

0 Ratings
trapdoor
Expert
Message 68 of 74

@Tony-gbr wrote:
https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/BT-TV-With-Non-BT-router-Possible/td-p/1577580

Amazing what a 10 second search on Google can solve 😄

Already tried. Not reliable. Perhaps it works OK on a YouView box, but not on a BTV+ box.

Notwithstanding, still not up to BT to dictate what I do with my internal network, ISP router or not Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Still, easiest fix was to switch off WiFi on their 'super-douper' best WiFi range ever in any router anywhere in the known universe PoC SmartHub 6 and gone back to using my Apple TC to serve my WiFi - the only thing now attached to the 'Smart'Hub is the BTV+ box and the TC.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
camelface69
Aspiring Contributor
Message 69 of 74

Hi there.

Got the SG4B10002236 update on 30/10 and ever since my Nexus 6P running Android 7 constantly drops Wi-Fi. The dozen other devices in the home don't appear to have any problems. It worked flawlessly before the update but now seems to be struggling to pick up an IP address and keeps looping.

I can see from the forums many others are suffering are similar fate... Any ideas folks?

Cheers
0 Ratings
Hazy1980
Aspiring Contributor
Message 70 of 74

My hub6A firmware updated on the 30 October and since have had several random reboots.

This morning the hub was stuck on an orange light for over 10 mins before  it turned blue and the hub manager would not load with chrome reporting the page as unresponsive!

Eventually it worked but just got home and see the unit rebooted itself around 6 hours ago at 16:15

with the following in the log before and after:

00:01:32, 01 Jan.
Default:Firewall change to Level: FRWL
wl0:(0/36) Channel Hopping initiated/Manually initiated
wl1:(0/1) Channel Hopping initiated/Manually initiated
00:01:31, 01 Jan.
:The Modem has successfully powered up
00:01:19, 01 Jan.
:WAN: ethernet as LAN
16:14:40, 01 Nov.
:The LAN DHCP Server is inactive
16:14:23, 01 Nov.
:The LAN DHCP Server is active
16:14:23, 01 Nov.
wl0:Device <F4:F9:51:68:B5:04> was disconnected on SSID (Device/WiFi/SSIDs/SSID[WL_PRIV5G])

Do I need to do anything to make it more stable?

0 Ratings