cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 51 of 74

Re: Software updated tonight and all seems well.

just tried manual wireless change and it saved with no problems no need for a pass word change
0 Ratings
Chewy84
Beginner
Message 52 of 74

Just wondering with this new firmware has anyone managed to get a static IP to stick......

I've tried changing it from DHCP to Static but it's still not sticking for me and i have the new firmaware 

0 Ratings
Chewy84
Beginner
Message 53 of 74

i've got my tablet to set up as static and it connected and working but the hub still reads it as DHCP
0 Ratings
Simonb1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 54 of 74

BT hotspot still not working with the Hub 6

0 Ratings
Poppy7
Contributor
Message 55 of 74

Smart hub updated to Oct firmware last night and now sky box won't connect. The router has allocated the same IP address to it as before (static) but the IP address on sky box just has lots of 0.00.0.00. ? What do I do. Was fine before?

0 Ratings
Poppy7
Contributor
Message 56 of 74

@Poppy7 wrote:

Smart hub updated to Oct firmware last night and now sky box won't connect. The router has allocated the same IP address to it as before (static) but the IP address on sky box just has lots of 0.00.0.00. ? What do I do. Was fine before?

I have tried resetting the sky box and the router and it has made no difference?

0 Ratings
stoneblue
Beginner
Message 57 of 74

I have this problem too. Sky On Demand was working around lunchtime yesterday but had stopped working later in the evening. Despite switching everything on and off, resetting several times it still would not work. This morning, I checked the Hub and noticed that the firmware was updated yesterday. All other devices are working!

0 Ratings
Poppy7
Contributor
Message 58 of 74

@stoneblue wrote:

I have this problem too. Sky On Demand was working around lunchtime yesterday but had stopped working later in the evening. Despite switching everything on and off, resetting several times it still would not work. This morning, I checked the Hub and noticed that the firmware was updated yesterday. All other devices are working!

Go to network settings in sky box and click manually configure. You will see a list of info to put in. If you can remember the IP address the box had before or if you can find it in the BT smart hub management web page the enter it in. Otherwise choose a new IP address which isn't the same as any of your other devices - 192.168.1.? (I put 69 in as the last number as that is what it was before. Then subnet mask - 255.255.255.0       Then router 192.168.1.254.     Then DNS. 192.168.1.254   Then click save.      Worked for me but will keep an eye on it if the router resets again sometime. Let me know how you get on. I found this fix on sky forums so must be a common sky box problem.

trapdoor
Expert
Message 59 of 74

Well, what a pile of carp!!

Come down this morning to find the SmartHub has updated and kicked off most of my WiFi because for some stupid reason only known to some 'geek' in BT, they have decided that the defailt hub password isn't good enough (so why stick it on a label and give you a spare label in the kit then?)

Right-oh, so having a 'connected home' I have to go round and reconfigure a whole load of devices, from IP cams, Nest Protect's, lighting controllers etc. Except that after changing the password, the router then goes into a huge sulk and refuses all connections on the 2.4GHz network. Of course, this is the network that most 'connected home' devices use...

WPS fails to work properly and won't register devices. The management console is unresponsive and takes for ever to show any page.

I eventually get into the event log and of course its full of 'wl1:A device <DE:AD:DE:AD:DE:AD> failed to connect to SSID (Device/WiFi/SSIDs/SSID[WL_PRIV2G]) because it provided incorrect login information'

The router clearly cannot handle all of these devices attempting to validate and connect, so goes into a major brain dead and confused state.

So I have to trot round and power off or default all of these devices until I am sure none are attempting to connect using the now illegal (according to BT) network key and then start to re-introduce each one and wait until it has connected before moving on to the next.

Whist this router nervous breakdown was happening, all sorts of weird things were happening, like the WPS button failed to work, the LED on it was flashing whilst the manager page (when accessible) showed WPS off. Sometines connecting to the Advanced WiFi page would indicate that the WiFi was switched off and needed to be switched on. Settings were not available, such as the 'Security Type' box was just blank and attempting to change it would just show a blank and empty popup selection.

Attempting to connect to either the 2.4G or 5G networks whilst it was in this state elicited either an 'unable to join' or 'Incorrect password'

So a word of warning. Before you reconfigure the WiFi, ensure you have no devices that are attempting to connect to the old network name and/or password as the router clearly cannot cope with this.

BT. You are a damned shambles. I decide how I want to run my internal network, not you! Your responsibility (should) end at the WAN interface into the CPE, you should not be allowed to tamper with or force changes to the way I operate my internal network. Why did you not send out an email to all affected customers warning of the change and advising them on how to get over the obvious shortcomings in your policy change?

If it wasnt for the fact that your TV service is almost dependant on using a BT cludged router for 'reliable' operation, I'd chuck it in the bin.

0 Ratings
Meteosat
Aspiring Expert
Message 60 of 74

I had the 2.4 channel password not being accepted issue as well. Solved by selecting channel rescan oddly.
Cheers
0 Ratings