cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Some apps can't access internet over wifi

Go to solution

Hi,

I have  a weird issue where some of my mobile phone (Samsung) apps can't access the internet (they just spin) over wifi, either via my BT Premium Whole Home wifi or directly via the hub wifi (BT Smart Hub v6). If i connect via BT Mobile data, the apps work fine. If I test on other wifi networks everything works fine. The issues seems to be linked to my home wifi.

Has anyone come across a similar issue or have any suggestions to identify root cause?  I have tried switching from dynamic ip to static ip on the phone and that has not worked either.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Some apps can't access internet over wifi

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it has not resolved the issue.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Do you have an example of an app that doesn't work?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Have you tried 'power cycling' or restarting  the Smarthub and if it still does not help try a factory reset of the Smarthub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. 

Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Examples include BBC Weather, Amazon Music and Absolute Radio. Whilst other apps like Youtube work fine.

I have power cycled the router but this has made no difference. I will try a reset and see if that helps.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

It might be your device has a problem with IPv6 and you are being served IPv6 addresses rather than IPv4 for those sites. Long shot.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for the suggestion. I will check that out as well.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Are there are updates available for any of these apps?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. The factory reset of the hub fixed the problem.