Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
buckdenjoe
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Sonos and Smart Hub2 connection issues

Go to solution

I have just taken delivery of a Smart Hub2 and 1 wifi disc having previously used a Smart Hub 1.  I have now set it up and managed to connect all my devices including a Smart TV and Amazon Alexa and an Echo dot successfully.  However I have spent at least 4 hours trying to connect my Sonos system and failed.  I have been in contact with Sonos technical support and they have not yet sorted the matter as we ran out of time this afternoon.  I will try them again tomorrow.  Has anyone else had similar issues with these two systems and/or been succesful in geting them both to work together.  If it cant be made to work I will have to revert to my Smart Hub 1.  Thank you.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Sonos and Smart Hub2 connection issues

Go to solution

If you have not already done it make sure you turn off "smart setup" on the Smarthub.

See link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

0 Ratings
buckdenjoe
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you, I will try this in the morning and let you know

0 Ratings
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I have a SmartHub 2 and 2 Sonos Play speakers and managed to get them connected without too much trouble.

This is what I did:

As has alaready been suggested, disable SmartSetup on the Smart Hub and then temporarily connect one of the Sonos speakers to the Smart Hub via ethernet cable and then within the Sonos App select the 'More...' button at the bottom of the screen and choose Settings>Advanced Settings>Wireless setup and follow the on-screen instructions. Once setup is complete you can disconnect the ethernet cable and hopefully it'll be all systems go!

0 Ratings
buckdenjoe
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks to the two of you who responded.  I have had an interesting day.  First I checked the router and found that smart set up was already disabled.  I then opened my Sonos app and saw that all my devices were now showing.  I could play music from Radio by Tunein and from Amazon Music but not from my music library stored on my iphone or on my Mac mini.  I have the Sonos app on both devices.  I had to go out for the rest of the morning.  On by return, in preparation for phoning Sonos Tech Support, I checked playing my music library again. And it works!!  For both my iphone and mac mini.  At the moment it continues to work.

The moral of this story.  Patience!!  You clearly have to give time for a new router to get used to its new environment and to find and sort out all the devices that connect to it before it can perform properly.

0 Ratings