Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tarkan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Speed Profile

Hi all, 

Can any moderators help me check what speed profile im on and help me switch to a more stable profile as my line is unstable im pretty sure, it says my speeds are fine but i cant stream or watch a stream without lagging.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Speed Profile

@Tarkan 

The forum does not work that way. A moderator can only be asked to help, when forum members cannot help.

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Have you checked for noise on your phone line, as that will cause problems?

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

Which BT Home hub are you using, and are you connecting using an Ethernet cable, or wireless?

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

Re: Speed Profile

are you using using the test socket with a filter to see if that improves your connection speeds by eliminating your internal wiring and faceplate from causing problems

quiet line test should be done from test socket

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Tarkan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Having your landline number changed

Does anyone know if having your landline number changed to a different number can result in having broadband issues as my broadband has been terrible since i renewed my contract with BT my ping just spikes when I try and stream making me unable to stream anymore but i was able to stream perfectly fine before i renewed my contract so im trying to find the cause of this issue ive also tested my landline to see if there is any noise on the line and there is no noise at all so thats why im wondering if this issue has been caused from me having my landline number changed also how do they go about changing the number do they have to change something in the exchange cabinet to change the number or is it done all online?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

Re: Having your landline number changed

@Tarkan 

If you requested a number change, its all done in software within the exchange equipment, there is no change to your actual line.

I assume you actually requested a number change?

Did you make any other changes to your contract?

It would have been better if you had asked on your existing thread.

https://community.bt.com/t5/ADSL-Copper-broadband/Speed-Profile/m-p/1998348#M276156

I assume you are on ADSL, as that is where you posted. Most reports of latency seem to be on Superfast "fibre" broadband, I cannot  remember anyone posting about the issue who was on standard ADSL broadband.

0 Ratings
Tarkan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

@Keith_Beddoe  yes I am on the superfast fibre package the halo 2 package to be exact and this latency/ping problem only seems to be with BT im probably going to change ISP soon anyway and yes i know most ISP use the openreach network and you would say changing ISP probably wont fix anything but other people that have had the same issues said when they changed it fixed the problem.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

@Tarkan 

I am confused. Were you on ADSL (standard broadband) and then upgraded to superfast "fibre", and that is when the problems started?

Or were you always on superfast "fibre" and your other thread is on the wrong board?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Tarkan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

@Keith_Beddoe  I've always been on superfast fibre.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

@Tarkan wrote:

@Keith_Beddoe  I've always been on superfast fibre.

Then I will move your other thread to the correct board.

0 Ratings
Tarkan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

@Keith_BeddoeAny ideas on how I can fix this issue otherwise trying to stream or play video games is impossible.

0 Ratings