cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joseph90
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Starting to see BT"s true colours

Experiencing online gaming lag with no solution in sight and im getting frustrated.

So basically, im experiencing fluctuating downloads on my connection one minute it's 30mbps absolutely then one second it drops down to 15mbps and even as low as 3mbps and goes back up to 30mbps and it keeps doing this. This is often accompanied by high jitter and now and then a 1-2% packet loss rating. This is causing an poor online gaming experience where i am frequently getting high ping spikes of 500ms in black ops 4 and frequently getting disconnected from everyone in GTA online and put in a lobby by myself. Basically, im lagging in every game i play so the fault lies with my connection. BT have run checks and say my connection to the exchange and the Smarthub is fine and also says im getting max speed im paying. I find it funny that the speedtests they get you to do always so the exact same result. Isn't that a surprise? 

Contacted live support on various times. First advisor said he found a fault with my smarthub and that it was lagging which wasn't true. Most recent advisor i spoke to said because my download speed was fluctuating widely there was congestion on line and told me it will be fixed in 12 hours max which was a load of **bleep**. Nothing but liars the lot of them. I've also noticed they blame everything else but themselves.

They entice you to join by offering you free gifts to give you the impression their a good isp but as soon as you've got to contact their support regarding issues, that's when you see their true colours, particularly the foreign advisors.  Rant over

Shame on you BT

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Starting to see BT"s true colours

Is your gaming device connected to the hub wired or wireless? 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Rugbyleaguer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Yes BT customer care is rubbish, they help you very little even an engineer visit was a waste of time they are all about KPIs and first call resolution even though they don’t fix anything.

0 Ratings
Joseph90
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Been on live chat and finally got a nice advisor that's actually english. Apparently there's a fault at my cabinet with my phone line interfering with my broadband even though the other advisors(mainly lying foreigners) and the support team on twitter saying there wasn't anything wrong yet when i prove them with speedtests they start ignoring me. So yh hopefully theres a end in sight to my connection woes but im still sceptical about there being a fault at my cabinet mainly because they've told me so many lies. Anyways, ill see what happens in tuesday when its supposed to be fixed. If my connection is still the same afterwards then im definitely going somewhere else. I hate liars xD

0 Ratings