cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
slimpickins
Message 1 of 4

Steam crashing when trying to download Rome Total War II patch

Hi, I'm, along with millions of others, trying to download a 1.3gb RTW2 patch through Steam but it keeps crashing after about twenty minutes. There's not much help beyond the usual reinstall, check DX files, etc on the Steam forums and I suspect it's BT not being able to cope with an extra terrabyte or more date going through the system.

Is anyone else having the same problem.

P.S. It's not helped by being on 512k connection but even so I can normally download large files through Steam.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
nolang80
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: Steam crashing when trying to download Rome Total War II patch

It may due to the amount of people downloading the patch at the momenbt from steam. suggest you set it off after 11pm and let it run over night as thats what i had to do before i had fibre for big downloads and you may find it does it ok.

0 Ratings
slimpickins
Message 3 of 4

I agree. I tried downloading overnight last night and will do so again tonight. In retrospect it's probably the Steam server that can't cope rather than the BT network.

I've tried changing the download location in Steam settings but to no avail.
0 Ratings
slimpickins
Message 4 of 4

It seems I've maligned both BT and Steam. It seems it might be a Vista problem, I'm surprised the patch system wasn't tested first but I don't think it's a server or network problem. See this thread on the Steam forum:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/214950/discussions/0/864978109435133583/#p1
0 Ratings