cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fireworks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 41 of 64

Re: Still bad lag in Fifa 14 - response from EA

I have managed to win 6 games out of 40.
Last week messed about with various connections for a bit and managed to play some great games with no button lag whatsoever.
The next day it returned and just made me want to smash up my console.
I have researched and read about this problem as much as I could, it has lead me to conclude that I might ditch my BT Infinity and go back to the old adsl connection.
I never used to have these sorts of issues when gaming through the copper line.
I I recon that fifa struggles to cope with a fibre connection.

X Box one with BT Infinity
0 Ratings
Manutdimy
Aspiring Expert
Message 42 of 64

Yeah it is annoying. EA and BT really do come across as hugely ignorant and self-centred. So many people have this issue and no-one has even offered to help. My experience online with gaming since switching to BT has been horrendous. I regret changing from Sky.

0 Ratings
fireworks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 43 of 64

I personally do not think that the problem is with EA i think it as to do with my fibre broadband.

All my friends who live in the sticks are still using adsl and have no issues there end.

I must say that BT are great with the upload and downloads speeds they can offer just wish that this button lag/ delay issue could be rectified.

Anyway rang BT today and am going to swap back to the old 8 Meg speeds rather than 80 Meg, just have to wait a few days for the contract to change over.

They have never heard of someone downgrading from fibre before. 😉
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 44 of 64

Out of interest, are you getting to do this while still in contract and without any cancellation fees?

0 Ratings
fireworks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 45 of 64

Unfortunately not many people will understand this issue unless they experience it themselves.
It cannot be resolved by changing DNS, forwarding or triggering ports or placing the x box into Dmz.

I even purchased homeplugs to try and confuse or add slight delay to the connection, this also failed. 😞
0 Ratings
fireworks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 46 of 64

I am taking a huge gamble.
5 months remain on my contract and by going back to adsl in will require me taking out a new 12 month contract.

There will not be a penalty charge.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 47 of 64

You're lucky they are not charging you for the remainder of your Infinity contract. If you don't get an improved gaming experience I suppose you could always "upgrade" to Infinity again if you wanted.

0 Ratings
fireworks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 48 of 64

Not cancelling just downgrading.
It confused them at first and had to check whether it would incur penalty.

I said on the phone that my contract ends in may and i am sure that they would rather me take a new 12 month contract rather than cancelling completely and losing a customer.
0 Ratings
fireworks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 49 of 64

I did think that if my plan fails i could go back up to infinity.

I am very confident that it will work though.
Its quite embarrasing when i play my friends who are rubbish and they beat me ... 😉
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 50 of 64

I thought that you were rubbish when you posted you won 6 out of 40 but didn't want to say anything. Smiley LOL Keep us posted how you get on.

0 Ratings