cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Strange LAN issue with SmartHub

I'm having an odd issue with my laptop's LAN connection to my SmartHub. It has started randomly dropping the LAN connection for a minute or so at a time, then reconnecting, then disconnecting again, and so on. The wi-fi connection remains OK throughout. I've swapped out the network cable and the adaptor with no effect. The really odd symptom is that disconnecting and reconnecting the network cable at the router doesn't have any effect, nor does restarting the router, but connecting the network cable to a different port will solve it for a month or so. When it starts again, connecting the network cable to the first port will similarly solve it temporarily, so it isn't a problem with a particular port. Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Strange LAN issue with SmartHub

Welcome to this user forum.

Probably a faulty home hub. If you have tried a factory reset of the home hub and it still does it, then ask BT for a replacement.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

what do you mean swapped out the adapter?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Laptop doesn't have a built in network port, so I use an external USB adaptor. I thought that might be the issue, but when tested with an alternative adaptor it does exactly the same thing.

0 Ratings