Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Keeping-up
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Strange behaviour by HH3

I have a Home Hub 3. There are a desktop PC (connected by ethernet) and a wireleess laptop. Tonight my laptop suddenly lost connectivity and kept failing to reconnect; after a bit f investigation I ran inSSIDer and could see that the Hub was still broadcasting but that the security was now "Open" instead of WPA2. This was rather worrying.

I went upstairs to the desktop PC, where I found that I could not connect to the Hub Manager; the page was reported as "Not available". The three lights on the Hub were all glowing their normal blue.

I could think of no alternative but to turn the Hub off and wait for 5 minutes. When I switched it back on again, it took an unusually long time to start up, sitting there with just the Power light glowing yellow for several minutes. Suddenly it all sprang into life and everything now works. The wireless security has correctly reverted to WPA2.

Can anyone suggest what might have been going on, or do I just put it down to being a random crash of the Hub?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Strange behaviour by HH3

Its probably just the HH3 that has got itself in a muddle. If the hub is broadcasting FON and Openzone, they are open networks, soi its possible that your laptop connected to one of those SSIDs by mistake, that is why it indicated an open network.

0 Ratings
Keeping-up
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Strange behaviour by HH3

The HH3 was still broadcasting all three networks (my own, plus FON and Openworld) but - according to inSSIDer - all three were now Open security. My laptop is set deliberately NOT to connect to the FON and Openzone unless I tell it to, and it refused to remain connected to my own network because the security did not match what it was expecting.
0 Ratings