cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sweetbaboo99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 19

Re: Streaming BT TV content (especially 4K) prevents Sky Q mini box for connecting to internet.

Go to solution

Thanks again. I admit that if I had time to do a bit more research (I was away on work last week) I might have realised I did not to go as far as the managed unit but TBH, I am just happy that this terribly annoying problem appears to have finally been resolved. 

Cheers again. I hope that this is a fix that more people with the same problem become aware of.

Chris

0 Ratings
BW58
Beginner
Message 12 of 19

Re: Streaming BT TV content (especially 4K) prevents Sky Q mini box for connecting to internet.

Go to solution
Hi, I had the same problem so followed your advice and purchased a TLink SG108, but still got the issue, switch on BT Youview, Sky Q connection drops out! Any advice?
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

@BW58 

Is Sky Q fine until you start streaming a BT internet channel , eg, BT Sport or as soon as the Youview box is switched on?

The problem here was that streaming BT Sport would knock out the Sky Q wifi system to the mini units, not sure if that's what you're experiencing.

Your setup would be ethernet cable to the SG108 & then ethernet from that to Sky Q , Youview box , TV etc?

0 Ratings
BW58
Beginner
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution
Hi Tim
Thanks.
Yes, as soon as you switch on the YouView box the Sky mini connections fail. Switch off YouView, Sky reconnects.
Regards
Bala
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

@BW58 

That would suggest that there's maybe a network IP address conflict. Are the ip addresses assigned by the router via DHCP or each unit manually configured?

0 Ratings
BW58
Beginner
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution
Thanks,
DHCP, the switch connects other units like. Blu-ray, security camera etc. No other issues!
Regards
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

Nothing obvious comes to mind and I don't have experience of Sky Q & mini units other than very brief contact with my son's setup so I'm struggling a little here, but some questions.

Presumably the mini units are operating wirelessly to the Q box.

Would the Youview box be tuned to a BT internet channel by default?

If you have the TV switched to the Sky Q box and unplug the HDMI cable from the Youview box & then turn the Youview box on , what happens?

0 Ratings
BW58
Beginner
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution
Thanks, will do some tests, it’s definitely an IP conflict, as the sky q mini shoes cannot obtain IP address. May have to set up static address?!

Thanks
0 Ratings
leightonr
Beginner
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution
I have exactly this problem that as soon as I stream BT Sport on the YouView box,both mini boxes disconnect.
I have a BT Home Hub 6 broadband router connected to a Cisco 110 Series Switch SG110-16HP switch.
I have a Sky Q box connected to the Cisco 110 Series Switch SG110-16HP switch and two Sky Q miniboxes connected wirelessly. BT YouView Box also connected wired to the Cisco SG110.
I have read that the solution is to configure IGMP Snooping on the switch to only send the IPTV data stream to the port that requested it. But where do I make this change, on the broadband router (BT HomeHub 6) or Cisco SG110.
I can't see a way of configuring the SG110-16HP to do this.  Does this mean I have to throw that away (it wasn't cheap) or can I I  just buy a TP-Link that supports IGMP Snooping, connect that to the SG110 and connect the YouView box to the TP-Link ?
Thanks
0 Ratings