cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Streaming issues HELP PLEASE

Please bare with me I’m no expert on technology. I purchased a super fast fibre bundle/telephone package. When I test speed it says approx 45-53mbps. So this may sound a bit long winded!

In the house there is 2 of us. With 2 fire sticks. My daughter is often FaceTime with her friends. I recently purchased an Amazon Echo Show, I play music from my apple/phone account with it. I have an echo dot in a bedroom rarely used as I’m either upstairs or downstairs.

So I’m either using Echo show, smart tv, fire stick or echo dot. My daughter often streams her tv in her room while on FaceTime. Here’s my issue, if she is streaming in her room an on FaceTime my Echo Show downstairs will lag, jump tracks or just not play!!???

Also if she’s streaming on laptop an FaceTime upstairs my Netflix won’t load downstairs or Amazon Show issues. If I’m online downstairs with iPad an music on Amazon Show her Netflix will lag an struggle to load upstairs.

I will be downstairs on either smart tv, or Echo Show. In which case no one is upstairs on my fire stick or echo dot.

Surely the package I was sold should be able t stream a multitude of devices. There’s only 2 of us in the house!? There’s only so many devices that can be being used simultaneously.

I don’t really understand technology an I don’t mind paying extra for the service I want and need but really don’t feel I’m getting it.

I will add I’ve distinctly noticed the problem since buying the Amazon Show, previously I would only be on phone plus she was in college quite often. Not completely sure how much (Amazon) streaming they take up when not being used?!

Your help would be greatly revived as where tearing our hair out here!!!!! 

many thanks in advance,

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 9

Upgrade to Fibre plus Halo 1??? Con?

I’ve just upgraded/renewed my contract from Superfast Fibre getting about 45mbps. I also have a sim only mobile deal attached for the daughter.

It initially told me if I payed £8 more a month for “Fibre plus Halo 1” I would be getting better speeds (67mbps) as having streaming issues on multiple devices. (I will get Halo add ons)

Once I confirmed the order it states nowhere that I will be getting extra speeds? 

Any Advice?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Re: Streaming issues HELP PLEASE

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 9

Re: Upgrade to Fibre plus Halo 1??? Con?

The 67 is the average for the package across the country, what speeds you get will depend on your specific line. What estimated speeds were quoted when ordering?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

BT Halo 1 is an add on giving extra benefits but it does not give you faster connection

https://www.bt.com/help/bt-halo/learn-about-bt-halo/what-is-bt-halo-and-how-can-i-get-it-

enter your phone number and post results  https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

They told me this morning on the telephone I would be getting faster speeds an the fact I can’t stream 3 devices is a hub issue.

ive taken these pics but they mean nothing to me so hope you can decipher lol

BB524BC8-C620-4A40-972F-222E16BC1722.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

What is smart set up? I’m not good with tech sorry. Should I be able to stream 3 devices on 45mbps? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

I phoned this morning an was told I would get more than my current 45mbps as we can’t stream 3 devices. They also told me it could be a hub issue.

long shot but do you know if the daughter connecting an disconnecting to her Bluetooth speaker upstairs would cause issues? As my mobile is connected to the Echo Show via Bluetooth. 

thanks for your help

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

@Sjones1234 wrote:

What is smart set up? I’m not good with tech sorry. Should I be able to stream 3 devices on 45mbps? 

Follow the instructions on the link I posted, and turn it off.

0 Ratings